Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Ford finally does 'Balance Out' 2022 Transit orders

33206 Views 366 Replies 83 Participants Last post by  brianhadley
Well....it has finally happened. Overnight Ford has moved all of our 'Unscheduled - Clean' orders to 'Unscheduled - Balanced Out' status. That will end any 2022 unscheduled Transits to be built. Now we just need to know what is going to happen with price protection (if any at all) and if there is any build priority for 2022 orders that were not scheduled.

I have been telling our customers to request a build out of their 2023 order and make any changes needed. We may hold off submitting those 2023 orders until Ford gives us direction on the other mentioned questions above. Once we know more details on the 2022 to 2023 transition, I will continue to place a forum thread for those changes.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
'21 R2X Van Haus Conversion
The customer has a VIN and a build date for the '23, set for delivery in Sept. Confirmed by dealer on the call. I can't speak to their allocation or anything else about the transaction except for the fact that they did price protect the order even after it was balanced out by Ford.
Sounds like this is a dealership name that should be shared. Lots of push on here to shame dealerships, justified or not, but so little encouragement to share the good stories.

Did that dealer have allocation for the MY22 order that was balanced out and do they have allocation from Ford for MY 23?
Ford has made it clear in communication with dealers since mid production year MY21 that earned allocation is not the be all end all that it used to be for custom orders, when COVP approved. These orders receive 'bonus' allocation and priority scheduling over the earned allocation.
On here, at the end of MY21 scheduling, those balanced out was blamed on lying dealerships that didn't have allocation, not at all related to the 10+ weeks the plant was shut down. This year, it's a different tune/excuse on here...

A user on here shared their dealer stated they had 0 transit allocations for this year, yet got 2/3 of theirs scheduled for this year (literally only 3 orders total). CVM states around 50% scheduled, yet supposedly had earned allocation for all of them (some rolling over from stock last year or something to get over the initial 100 馃し)

Registered
Yes, Ford has shafted the dealers, the sales people and the retail customer. Ford changed from allocation to COVP after many 2022 orders were placed based on allocation. Sadly Ford and CEO James Farley have no respect for Ford's customers. Ford executives put on a great clown show. Orders should be filled more in line with when the order was submitted.
COVP was in place before the order books opened for '22s, despite the focus on allocation here at the time.

Registered
In the early stages of the balance out for the 2022 model Transits, there was some rumors floating around that Ford was not going to compensate for the price increase for the balanced out orders. Not sure how this got started, but that is not correct. As I am sure you know by now that Ford is offering all 2022 Transit Orders (that were COVP'd properly through the dealership) a $6,000 certificate for the order on a 2023 model Transit.
Curious, what communication from Ford early on indicated they were going to compensate those balanced out? That certainly is not what was shared on here among the masses, including the individual that brokers a lot of transits for you, who encouraged contacting Ford as the only hope to get things changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts