Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I noticed the MB sprinter has a 5 year 100000 mile on the engine, it seems to not cover the rest of the power train for that period.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theirs a company called Hino, they sell big trucks. Never heard of them but a guy I know bought a strait truck from them. Reason why is because they offer a 250,000 mile powertrain warranty, which Includes Injectors and turbo, EGR valve.

He will keep the truck until it turns 249,999 miles, then trade her in

Someday one of the big four will do the same for a cargo van and I will buy it Immediately, even if its $5,00.00 more than the compatition

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Most all the Ford dealers around here are offering a "free" upgrade to the 5yr/100k warranty as part of any deal.

The poster that mentioned the 100k warranty on the Mercedes diesel, that's pretty much standard on diesels from most manufacturers in the USA....

The other poster that mentioned the HINO brand, that's Toyota's HD truck branch in Japan, but sold worldwide. The auto transmission Chrysler uses in their RAM HD pickups and chassis cabs is a HINO sourced unit

·
Registered
166 Posts
I do wonder if a big part of Mercedes longer warranty is the repair costs outside of warranty. How many Sprinter owners would of been apt to dump theres the minutes she gets out of warranty??

No clue if this is true, just a thought...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Theirs a company called Hino, they sell big trucks. Never heard of them but a guy I know bought a strait truck from them. Reason why is because they offer a 250,000 mile powertrain warranty, which Includes Injectors and turbo, EGR valve.

He will keep the truck until it turns 249,999 miles, then trade her in

Someday one of the big four will do the same for a cargo van and I will buy it Immediately, even if its $5,00.00 more than the compatition
I think the Hinos are made in China correct?

They seem to be built pretty tough

I see lots of really old ones still kickin

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the Hinos are made in China correct?

They seem to be built pretty tough

I see lots of really old ones still kickin

That's my whole point, Ford you make a 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty standard, with an optional 250,000 warrenty. We owned both a Kia and hyndaiu both with 100,000 mile warrenties

Mr. Ford if your so tuff prove it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts