Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Alloc

Allocation is important especially if you are going for a AWD or a HR Transit. These are the highest priority to get so a Ford dealer has to have a lot of sales to have the highest allocation for these models. Some dealers may tell you their allocation and may not even want to take your order as they know if would be held up too long and the customer would be griping about getting it in a reasonable time. We have had forum members get in this situation with ordering a HR model and then waiting for over 6 months to get their order scheduled. Some dealers will take your order and may even tell you that it will be at the dealership in 8 to 10 weeks, then avoid you when you start calling them to locate the vehicle.

With so much NEW options on the 2020 model, we have had the 2020 CrewVan ordered back in July held up to February just to get a few of the special options and it originally had a October 25th build date. You can have confusion now whether the dealer does not have the proper allocation for your order or just the special options holding it up.
I had to re-read my question
("Should a buyer ask the sales agent about their allocations before placing an order and would they be likely to get the truth? From what you have said here and in the past, this sounds like an important thing for a buyer to inquire about. I just wonder if the answer can be counted on to be accurate.")
to be sure I had stated it correctly. And I had to re-read your response several times to see if there was a simple answer. Kind of have to read between the lines of your response, but, It appears that you are saying yes to the importance of asking about the dealers allocation level and no to the likelyhood of getting an honest answer.
If I have that interpretation incorrect, please let me know.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I think they ran into a problem with the airbag system as the European model did not use the same setup and the USA version was based on the 2 passenger seat platform setup. I actually had a local guy purchase a 31" 2 passenger seat from me that was part of the rear seat from a 12 passenger van and install it in place of the single passenger front seat. He removed the entire seat with floor bracket and mounted the floor mounting brackets for the 31" seat in the floor. His main problem was with unhooking the seat belt warning lamp for the original passenger seat and the lamp staying on. The seat belt being made into the 31" seat made the one mounted on the door post not available for being used with that seat.

I got to see it after he installed it but when I went to contact him later to get a picture of it, his cell number was out of order so could not longer contact him.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
CVM, do you know if they've started scheduling wagons with power sliding doors yet? Just curious when i should start bugging my dealer again
They won't be scheduling the Transits with the Power Sliding Side Door until March 2nd. What will happen is the order will go from 'Unscheduled - Material HOLD' to a 'Unscheduled - Clean' and fall in line just like any other Transit order.

For the production schedule, they will be looking at how early the order was placed, what body styles that the option was ordered on like the passenger van or cargo van (NO power sliding door on the CrewVan) and then how many orders were placed by the same dealer as they want those built at the same time to be available to ship together whether by local transport (like what happens with Transits at Matt Ford) or to be loaded on a rail car to be shipped to the Regional Distribution Center for delivery to the local dealer.

Matt Ford currently has 8 orders with the Power Sliding Side Door in the order bank so once they release those to the 'Unscheduled - Clean' status, I will let the Transit forum members as well as my customers that they are ready for being scheduled for build dates. That should start in about one month from NOW!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I’m not sure what this means? Is there a 2 passenger Crew Van rear seat? If not what is a crew van w/o the 3 person seat?
You have to read carefully! CrewCab was going to be the 3 passenger front seat for the 2020 Transit. NOW.....has been cancelled at least for the 2020 model.

CrewVan is the Transit with a SECOND ROW 3 passenger seat with the factory one being a 62" seat.

Matt Ford is offering a SPECIAL CrewVan Edition where you can get a 54" 3 passenger seat or a 36" 2 passenger seat with a Leather seating package for BOTH the front and rear seats. Hopefully in the future we will be able to offer it with the matching front seats so you can get the smaller 54" or 36" in the same factory materials as the front seats. This will only be offered for the cloth and vinyl seating materials but this will only be offered as part of the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition that has its own special badging.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They won't be scheduling the Transits with the Power Sliding Side Door until March 2nd. What will happen is the order will go from 'Unscheduled - Material HOLD' to a 'Unscheduled - Clean' and fall in line just like any other Transit order.
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to read carefully! CrewCab was going to be the 3 passenger front seat for the 2020 Transit. NOW.....has been cancelled at least for the 2020 model.

CrewVan is the Transit with a SECOND ROW 3 passenger seat with the factory one being a 62" seat.
Ohhhh got my CrewVan and my CrewCab mixed up. Phew.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my f4u van on 8-13-19 and my dealer still can’t tell me anything. They said the dealer rep from ford doesn’t have any idea either. We are approaching 6 months now. The dealer said he for sure has the allocation. Does anyone have any idea on how I can find out if I am getting a van? Or should I just cancel it and move on. CVM any ideas?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I would need to know what options you had on your order to determine if anything was keeping it from being scheduled. Send it to my email address, [email protected] so I can see what you have ordered. I would think by now if you did not have any of the options being held up that we know about you should have a VIN and projected build date. When sending your email, send me your dealer name and location and I will see what they have already ordered for the 2020 model.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Matt Ford is offering a SPECIAL CrewVan Edition where you can get a 54" 3 passenger seat or a 36" 2 passenger seat with a Leather seating package for BOTH the front and rear seats. Hopefully in the future we will be able to offer it with the matching front seats so you can get the smaller 54" or 36" in the same factory materials as the front seats. This will only be offered for the cloth and vinyl seating materials but this will only be offered as part of the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition that has its own special badging. View attachment 132315

I have no design skills, but I think I would have deleted the words van and edition and just had a bold red big CREW.

Van and edition, while informative, are also somewhat implied.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Ford is not making any outside designation for this model so we thought we would take advantage of this and make a advanced version of it by offering some things not available through Ford directly and let it be known by having a emblem showing it to be different from just a Ford Transit van.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't understand the "seat delete and upfitter" term. Though I do believe it relates to your chair access. I am real hung up on the inability, as I read on the forum, to get the 10 way heated leather seats with the swivel option. That is a must have for my intended use. It is still not clear to me if it would be better to order the best seat and then later have to swap out the base and add a swivel, or, order the cheapest seats on the swivel base and then look for after market seats. I have tried to post about this several times on the forum but have not seen any responses to it. Makes me think I am alone in the desire to have the best heated seat on a swivel base.
Would you be willing to clarify how you finally got in touch with Cary, the Transit brand rep?
The limitations with the factory swivels are so annoying. We order the vans with power, heated seats, push down parking brake then install aftermarket swivels. In 2020, the switch for the seat heater has moved from the seat to the dash you wouldn't get that switch without the heated seat option. The seats have airbags, active headrests and other things that make them complicated to swap out (though I will say the $6,000 seats some people are putting into Sprinters are very comfortable). We recover the factory seats which makes them more comfortable. If you want swivels, I recommend the power seats as they adjust both up and down and the down adjustment can make up for the extra height added by the swivel.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts