Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I planned to upgrade my 2017 Transit since the used prices were so high, and the 2022 models had lots of nice features. I ordered a 2022 in December of 2021 with all the bells and whistles. I kept bugging the dealer and they could never get me a build date. Because the the high demand, they hadn't required a deposit. A few weeks ago, they required $1,000 deposit to keep my order. This week, they told me that Ford was pushing me to a 2023 model, and it would cost more. When they sent me a copy of the new order, it was $8,000 higher. I begged for a better price, and they said that there was nothing they could do. This was invoice price. Can Ford do that? It seems pretty unfair. Has this happened to anyone else?

· Registered
U8U-2022 T350HD HR 148 EL AWD Cargo, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, 11,000 lb. GVWR, Oxford White, Fully Loaded
110 Posts
They probably ordered the 2022 hoping that they could get it to resell if ordered before Ford started the COVP program. They got him to pay the deposit to lock him into buying the 2023 model.
When did Ford start the COVP? I ordered 2 Transits back in Nov. '21 & I went through the COVP. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Regardless, Sounds like his Dealer is pulling some Despicable Shenanigans... 🧐

· Registered
2015 350 HD EL 3.2L HR Diesel Wagon
407 Posts
What dealer is this ?

· Registered
7,372 Posts
Even if you placed your order before the COVP program started, you could still add it with your dealer just getting your driver's license and submitting it with your preview order. We did that once Ford started with the COVP program so everyone would be on the program. We had allocation to go along with our orders so it covered the order process for the Transits. Problem was Ford never got their act together with the vendor sources to get the high end electronics delivered to the assembly plant for production. That looks to still be the case now with the first orders for the 2023 model facing the same situations.

· Registered
1,468 Posts
They did say that I could cancel and get my deposit back. So, I may just do that.
Make sure they don't cancel your 2022 order that you got the email from Ford on, and then be patient.

Leave your new order in for now.

Good things should come.

If it doesn't by early August, then cancel the order if you don't want to pay the new price.

Just be patient.

· Registered
148 Posts
They're saying I can't get a 2022. It has to be a 2023, and I have to pay more money.
No one knows yet if Ford will provide price protection or offer a private offer to cancelled MY22 orders. But don't hold your breath as it looks like FMC probably not offer anything for 22 transit orders that need to be reordered for MY23

· Registered
430 Posts

Required reading, all 3000+ posts.........

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Required reading, all 3000+ posts.........
So, a lot of people are waiting... ☹

· Registered
115 Posts
They're saying I can't get a 2022. It has to be a 2023, and I have to pay more money.
It's the FOMOCO (aka F) way (apparently) based on that is what they have done with commercial MY2022 orders.
Probably every other personal transportation manufacturer as well.

I do believe Ford is responsible for the orders they elected to accept. Granted they didn't know their suppliers would screw them. However, Ford chose the supplier's. Ford needs to take "accountability" for the decisions they made. By the wording posted in another thread, it sounds like they are taking the "victim" approach. Price protection would go a long way to taking accountability.

Suck up the 55 cents per share for one quarter cost to mostly institutional investors and me. I am willing to forego my 55 cents per share. It is part of the risk of investment.

Off the soapbox. Next.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts