Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
If anyone is considering adding floor mats to their transit, here is my take

I wanted to add floor mats to my new cargo with vinyl floor...I drink coffee, alot, and sometimes it all does not get into my mouth!

There seemed to be plenty of good reviews on the Husky and Amazon alternatives, I figured go with the crowd

ordered the husky - what crap. Even after letting it warm up, it's just a ** piece of semi ridgid plastic that wants to fit , but can't really. Those are going back. BTW - Also lets you now some reviewers levels of expecations

I was about to order the weathertec (more $ must be better right!) but I stopped and thought I would see what Ford had (should have done that first)

Wouldn't you know it...rubber thick floor mats. 2-piece with spill ridges and way better than the Husky.

The 2 piece design driver side overlaps the passenger side at the trans hump, so spills in the center should go either left or right across the mat. And 2 piece is obviously much easier to take in and out.

You can find these on-line for around $90 + shipping , I ordered mine from the local dealer for more, but had them next day
Part # JK4Z-1613086-AA

These fit my 2020 with large console just fine

These are listed for carpeted floor so they have the anchor holes, but they work perfect in my vinyl floor cargo. If the small amount of give was an issue, I'd trim off the carpet spikes.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2019 Transit cargo, HR, 3.5 Eco, Quigley 4X4, “Vandemic”
24 Posts
Coco Floor Mats
Choose a Color: #12 Black & White
Choose your Custom Mat Set: 2 Piece Custom Set (Driver & Passenger) $179.95
Vehicle Year: 2019
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model (Please Type in Your Model): Transit
Vehicle Body Style: Van
Does your vehicle have Floor Mat Attachments? (Vehicles 1999+) Please visit Mat Attachments page for more info.: No Mat Attachments Required
Is your car 4WD, AWD, or 4-Matic: Yes
Is your car Right Hand Drive (Steering Wheel on the Right): -- No --
These are great mats. I have used them for years in VW, Vanagon, Honda, Bronco, Toyota 4-Runner, Acura, Porsche, Subaru, Xterra, Transit. You can customize style, color and type. Easy to clean. Great for mud, snow, etc. shake off, hose off or vacuum. Pricey, but they last forever.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
If anyone is considering adding floor mats to their transit, here is my take

I wanted to add floor mats to my new cargo with vinyl floor...I drink coffee, alot, and sometimes it all does not get into my mouth!

There seemed to be plenty of good reviews on the Husky and Amazon alternatives, I figured go with the crowd

ordered the husky - what crap. Even after letting it warm up, it's just a ** piece of semi ridgid plastic that wants to fit , but can't really. Those are going back. BTW - Also lets you now some reviewers levels of expecations

I was about to order the weathertec (more $ must be better right!) but I stopped and thought I would see what Ford had (should have done that first)

Wouldn't you know it...rubber thick floor mats. 2-piece with spill ridges and way better than the Husky.

The 2 piece design driver side overlaps the passenger side at the trans hump, so spills in the center should go either left or right across the mat. And 2 piece is obviously much easier to take in and out.

You can find these on-line for around $90 + shipping , I ordered mine from the local dealer for more, but had them next day
Part # JK4Z-1613086-AA

These fit my 2020 with large console just fine

These are listed for carpeted floor so they have the anchor holes, but they work perfect in my vinyl floor cargo. If the small amount of give was an issue, I'd trim off the carpet spikes.

Hope this helps
I stock these mats for Matt Ford customers so when they pickup their van, they have a opportunity to get them. We install them while the customer is there so they see how to take them out for cleaning and reinstall them. I got the idea from delivering a Range Rover 2 years ago and approached Ford about making this style mat available. Ford sent me to the company in RI who makes mats for ALL brands of vehicles and they made these for Ford and the Transit model. Ford Marketing has not got on board to make the installation directions for these mats as if you order them, the instructions is showing a Ford Fusion in the pictures and NOT a Ford Transit.

We sell these mats to our customers for $90 + tax ($95.04 total) so if you happen to be in the area, we should have these mats available for purchase. If I happen to be at the dealership, I will help you install the mats.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my universal truck mats from Ross for $10/pair. Big lips for spills and snow melt, cut marks allow an almost perfect fit on either side. Having that middle strip would be nice, though.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The best feature of the Ford HD Tray mats is the protective resting foot pad on each end of the mat. With either the front carpet or vinyl flooring covering on the front passenger area, these areas can be worn out easily over a period of time with you foot resting in this area.

With the extended flap over the center hump between the seats, this will cover up the carpet area or the vinyl floor from exposure and protection from direct spills as indicated above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also purchased the OE mats after seeing a few alternatives in place. I am very satisfied with the OE. Fit is almost perfect. 2020 T350 cargo

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo
I/we forgot about these when I picked up.
You have 2 of your customers coming to get their vans so get one of them to bring a set or 2 back with them. Apparently Ford Parts Division ran out of these mats as we had 8 backordered for over 2 weeks and then UPS delivered them directly from the manufacturer in Rhode Island. Once everyone sees this forum thread, Ford Parts may again be out of stock so be patient if your mats get placed on back order.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
It's always nice to be reminded of what vehicle you have. It's like those popular signs for homes of people with Alzheimer's letting them know what each room is for;

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2 cents on the Husky...at first I too thought what crap even after it "warmed up." Having so many projects to do on the van I just left it as is....1 month later it actually fits nice now :) I don't know, maybe it just needed A LOT of time to settle in? Again, just my experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up the Husky liner last month on an Amazon flash sale for $49. At fist I thought they had a really bad fit, but for being so cheap I just also just left them in. After the floor heat had been blowing on them for a week or two it fits REALLY nice. for 1/2-1/3 the price of Weathertech mats I would recommend them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe some time with the floor heater on would have worked the Huskys in better. For those that have and like the Huskys, I am glad they work

I'm not here to step all over them - zing

For me, I just wanted something a little more dead weight under my feet.

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan HR LWB EB
145 Posts
For the folks with the Husky floor mats - I have them (Dealer threw them in with the van) and have been thinking of cutting them down the side of the hump so that each side could be removed without dumping the contents in the van. Thoughts? Anyone done that?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wish they make in tan color instead of just black. Tan color hides dirt, mud, and sand better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After reviewing the photos of the Ford 2-piece floor mats, we are still sticking with the Weathertech option. The lip on the rear edge seems taller on the weathertech, and we've had good luck with their products in the past. Some people have mentioned the 1-piece design is harder to clean, but we almost never remove the floor mats from our existing car and usually just hit them with a shop vac. Plus, at $109 for the front set it's not that much more expensive than the Ford or Husky options.

Weather tech offers an option for a "2nd and 3rd row coverage" as well, but it comes with the note that it doesn't fit models with 5, 10, or 14 passenger seating. So.... what does it fit? 😂 I called to ask if it would fit a 2020 crewvan but the person the phone was immensely unhelpful... they said I would have to ask Ford because they "only make the floor mat, they don't make the car." Go figure 🙃

·
Registered
35 Posts
Coco Floor Mats
Choose a Color: #12 Black & White
Choose your Custom Mat Set: 2 Piece Custom Set (Driver & Passenger) $179.95
Vehicle Year: 2019
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model (Please Type in Your Model): Transit
Vehicle Body Style: Van
Does your vehicle have Floor Mat Attachments? (Vehicles 1999+) Please visit Mat Attachments page for more info.: No Mat Attachments Required
I just ordered these today based on this members recommendations.
After reviewing the photos of the Ford 2-piece floor mats, we are still sticking with the Weathertech option. The lip on the rear edge seems taller on the weathertech, and we've had good luck with their products in the past. Some people have mentioned the 1-piece design is harder to clean, but we almost never remove the floor mats from our existing car and usually just hit them with a shop vac. Plus, at $109 for the front set it's not that much more expensive than the Ford or Husky options.

Weather tech offers an option for a "2nd and 3rd row coverage" as well, but it comes with the note that it doesn't fit models with 5, 10, or 14 passenger seating. So.... what does it fit? 😂 I called to ask if it would fit a 2020 crewvan but the person the phone was immensely unhelpful... they said I would have to ask Ford because they "only make the floor mat, they don't make the car." Go figure 🙃

View attachment 142718
Is your car 4WD, AWD, or 4-Matic: Yes
Is your car Right Hand Drive (Steering Wheel on the Right): -- No --
These are great mats. I have used them for years in VW, Vanagon, Honda, Bronco, Toyota 4-Runner, Acura, Porsche, Subaru, Xterra, Transit. You can customize style, color and type. Easy to clean. Great for mud, snow, etc. shake off, hose off or vacuum. Pricey, but they last forever.
Just ordered these today per this member recommendation. I went with these mats from CocoMats.com because I remember the look, feel and quality of the originals from the '60s and '70's. I also appreciate the color and material options from this MADE IN THE USA, family owned business. Jay Leno likes 'em too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sucks they don’t have them for vinyl floors with those carpet holes plugged.
***Does your vehicle have Floor Mat Attachments? (Vehicles 1999+) Please visit Mat Attachments page for more info.
***For this question, select: -------No Mat Attachments Required-------

This is how I ordered mine for the front two coco mats for 2018 Transit with existing vinyl flooring and no male attachment posts in the factory floor. My assuption is that the coco mats will arrive with no "carpet holes" (which are only there if you have existing attachments on your floor. (factory “male” posts)

If it makes you feel better, give them a call for clarification:
"If you have any questions or concerns please contact us. Our hours are between 8:00am - 5:00pm EST Monday - Friday. We are closed on the weekends."
" 1(800)461-3533 or [email protected] "

1 - 19 of 19 Posts