Ford Transit USA Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I can not find the post that showed a black van with damages side walls due to the spray foam. Very noticeable in the picture as I recall. Just need to use someone that has experience. It is a risk.

Do not know if there are any corrosion issues.

Probably the best way to insulate if you avoid the panel damage issue. ....cut....
Black shows damage more, so it may be possible others are experiencing warping too and it's not as noticeable.

Are they claiming that the insulation warps the sheet metal between adjacent ribs, or is it about foam expanding between the rib and sidewall?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks. I'll certainly look into it before deciding.

I can't follow the logic of atmospheric pressure compressing the foam enough to warp the body panels. Perhaps temperature differences is more likely. Since foam sticks to metal, even a slight variation in relative expansion could warp panels. If pressure were the case, wouldn't everyone be seeing similar warpage as elevation changes? For that matter, if due to temperature why aren't many seeing change too?

The fact that warpage is reportedly 80% reversible is no doubt of interest.

I guess curing heat could also cause damage if applied too thick. It's hard to say from one report. I'll keep looking for pictures to get better idea.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.