Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Crazy price but don't be surprised if it sells for close to this.

Converted vans are the hot ticket item right now. If you have decided that camping or better still boondocking is your best bet for a vacation during the pandemic, then you need a van now, now, now dammit. Waiting for one to get built in 2021 isn't an option.

I get multiple requests to check out my van every time I'm anywhere near it. I recon I could sell it twice a day, for double what it cost to build.
I was just hearing today that the new trailerable power boat market is ON FIRE down here in So Flo, for just those same reasons. My buddy was trying to buy a trailer, 8-10 weeks, normally he could have just picked one up in a few days.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That thing is a little longer than a pickup, but the same width. It's huge approach and departure angle make up for the length.
Agreed on approach and departure angles but you maybe surprised on length and width. Its the latter that are the limiting factor where we roam - where the trails are overgrown with shrubs, bushes and trees. A 148" MR Transit is 235" nose to tail. By comparison a Raptor is 232" so yes its all of 3" shorter but its also 1-3" wider depending on tire choice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was just hearing today that the new trailerable power boat market is ON FIRE down here in So Flo, for just those same reasons. My buddy was trying to buy a trailer, 8-10 weeks, normally he could have just picked one up in a few days.
Same here with sailboats. Back in March, I was dreaming about finally scratching the itch and getting my own cruising yacht, thinking prices would be depressed because of the economic blight. LOL I can dream on, here in the SF Bay Area, the market for >40ft yachts is totally sold out. So much for economic hardship!!

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I should have copied the post so we could make fun of it for many years to come.
Regardless, there are a few other $125k+ DIY campervans on craigslist right now. Some are downright sloppy, as if the DIY'er had never used tools before.

Reactions: 1x1_Speed_Craig
21 - 28 of 28 Posts