Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 350 XL HD passenger
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about this company but I came across this product and thought it was pretty neat. Might be the next "craze" of electrical for van conversions...

EV Charger Power Converter – EVSE Adapters

Basically it converts, via a step-down transformer, an EV charger station output to 110v and gives you 4 outlets. Could be useful if you are around a lot of stations or maybe in the future when these stations are like gas stations nowadays?!!?

Edit: Actually gives you 220v outlets as well!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I don't know anything about this company but I came across this product and thought it was pretty neat. Might be the next "craze" of electrical for van conversions...

EV Charger Power Converter – EVSE Adapters

Basically it converts, via a step-down transformer, an EV charger station output to 110v and gives you 4 outlets. Could be useful if you are around a lot of stations or maybe in the future when these stations are like gas stations nowadays?!!?

Edit: Actually gives you 220v outlets as well!
I have often thought something like that could come in handy. Thanks for posting.
I wonder how many more watts I could pull if paint the blue stripes on my grill. (I actually like the look).

·
Registered
2017 350 XL HD passenger
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EV owners pulling up to a full charge station and being ICE'd can be pretty creative.
Don't be surprised to get crazy glued locks or a sticker on the windshield that is really hard to remove.

Well if you hook it up to your batteries then you are good to go, right? 😀

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
So I need to get the E-Transit badging along with the blue stripes on the grill. It'll be a pain but doable to wire the charge port all the way to the front grill. Then I'd just need to figure out what to do about that pesky tail pipe.

·
Registered
2017 350 XL HD passenger
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I need to get the E-Transit badging along with the blue stripes on the grill. It'll be a pain but doable to wire the charge port all the way to the front grill. Then I'd just need to figure out what to do about that pesky tail pipe.
Dude, blue painter's tape!

·
Registered
2015 3.5L EB 148 Highroof Extended
256 Posts
I found the same website with that converter a few months ago. I almost bought it to solve my power needs during the winter. Ended up just adding more solar panels though.

It is very intriguing though.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Very tempting indeed. Maybe make some “High Power Hybrid Conversion badging or something. People probably would just think it’s interesting haha

15A service doesn’t charge that fast though, can’t get too much charge in the time I’d normally be in a store or wherever else I’d be charging

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
My Magnum MS2012 charges at 100 amps with a 15 amp 120 volt input but it uses the full 15 amps, A old circuit breaker might pop.
I had to dial it down from the 20 amps it normally uses when I first got it because it would not run on a 15 amp outlet at home. Everything on a Magnum is fully adjustable with the optional remote.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We use Mustart 40 Amp 20 Ft J1772 at home for our Nissan Leaf. I don't think it is a huge thing with the cords. Maybe read this article here about different types of extensions evadept.com and you will have a better idea what do you need. I guess it would make more sense if you mention what vehicle do you have and some more details.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.