Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Fog lights factory wiring harness

1147 1
I drive a 2013 Transit connect for my work. Before purchasing fog lights for the front ( did not have them originally) I checked underneath the front bumper and found a plug for each side. I presume prewired from the factory. I have the light on the dash when I pull out the headlight switch no problems there. However when I connected both fogs to the wiring harness and turned them on I got nothing. I have checked fuse 12, 18 under dash and under the hood R16. Now R16 had no relay. But I put one in there and no luck. I also get no voltage on the plugs. I have to be missing a small detail I'm sure. Any help is appreciated by all. Thank you.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I drive a 2013 Transit connect for my work. Before purchasing fog lights for the front ( did not have them originally) I checked underneath the front bumper and found a plug for each side. I presume prewired from the factory. I have the light on the dash when I pull out the headlight switch no problems there. However when I connected both fogs to the wiring harness and turned them on I got nothing. I have checked fuse 12, 18 under dash and under the hood R16. Now R16 had no relay. But I put one in there and no luck. I also get no voltage on the plugs. I have to be missing a small detail I'm sure. Any help is appreciated by all. Thank you.
Wire your fog lights independent of the harness. Your not going to have success using the factory equipment. I went to a Ford dealership paid to have my new fog light switch enabled. $165.00
Went back today left the van. Another $600.00 invoice for them to discoverer my in dash wire harness as well as the BCM would have to be changed out. In order to get power to the fog light it would be several thousand dollars. Go to auto zone get some 18 gauge wire and tap the battery for power and go directly to the a upfitter switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.