Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I installed the B6 Bilsteins in front and back and with the 2” Foes lift, my sway bar linkage is 2” above the strut flange for the linkage. Anyone else with the Foes lift modify their sway bar linkage for the added height? And how so? I added a scab in but its bending.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
142 Posts
That don’t look like a transit van. I’ve got the Foes 2” lift which also included the complete extended lower A arm And used my stock drop down arms for the sway bar. No problems.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I installed Foes 2" lift in a new 2019. The sway bar link did connect but it was tight.

The black, bent bracket in your pic, I am assuming you made it yourself. Foes doesn't provide or require this bracket.

I can also assume that your Bilsteins bracket is in a different location then the stock struts bracket?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What’s your Bilstein part number? I just installed B6s yesterday with a strut spacer and the sway bar tabs are in the same place as stock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
some people should not work on their own cars....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Easy guy.. a friend of a friend who does aftermarket Mods for 4x’s( I.E. Raptors, etc.) and head ford dealer mechanic, put this together. And I’m not digging it, obviously.
That doesn't mean they are competent. I'd take it back to them to fix.....maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having just installed spacers on my B6s yesterday, the sway bar bolt won't line up with the struts after install until you jack up the control arm and compress the strut. Once the installed strut is compressed, the sway bar ends will line up with the strut bracket and then release of the strut compression will put the sway bar into its new resting place. I just threw my floor jack under the steering knuckle bolt under the control arm and raised it until the swaybar bolt lined up with the strut bracket hole. Slid in with no resistance.

Also, what size tires you running (out of curiosity since that's my next purchase)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having just installed spacers on my B6s yesterday, the sway bar bolt won't line up with the struts after install until you jack up the control arm and compress the strut. Once the installed strut is compressed, the sway bar ends will line up with the strut bracket and then release of the strut compression will put the sway bar into its new resting place. I just threw my floor jack under the steering knuckle bolt under the control arm and raised it until the swaybar bolt lined up with the strut bracket hole. Slid in with no resistance.

Also, what size tires you running (out of curiosity since that's my next purchase)?
Thanks for that info, I put 255/70’s on the stock wheels cuz I have other things I want instead of new wheels ...like an Eaton truetrac and a awning set up like Sportcoupe did ( read his informative thread this morning). Then I’m done for a bit I just needed to get it ready for the beach/mountain runs, kids and I do surf contests a lot and have started snowboarding, too so I’m loving my transit!
Thanks for all the great info, boys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts