Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in a foam mattress from TheFoamFactory.com in the Portland, Oregon area?
GF says it’s too firm. Never used except to test for comfort. Works for me but I lost....

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
You want firm, Foam tends to compress to where it is only a inch or two thick when you sleep on it every night for two weeks. Foam is no good for long term use unless it is at least 8 inches thick.
I have slept on foam for at least half of my 70 year life.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
1,690 Posts
You want firm, Foam tends to compress to where it is only a inch or two thick when you sleep on it every night for two weeks. Foam is no good for long term use unless it is at least 8 inches thick.
I have slept on foam for at least half of my 70 year life.
Get out there and convince his missus, Ophus! :LOL:

·
Registered
106 Posts
You may not have the height to spare but you could try a memory foam topper, most of those give a nice and soft cushioning effect. Where are you located?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Our perfect bed is a 4" HD foam foundation with 2-3" of latex on top. Have used that for 7 years in our TT and now in the Transit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may not have the height to spare but you could try a memory foam topper, most of those give a nice and soft cushioning effect. Where are you located?
Portland, OR

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you located ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or add 2-3” of their super soft foam as a topper.
Yep - ordered 2” of their super soft foam topper. Going to try it out - it just reduces headroom with a six inch mattress and maybe I can change to 3” plus 2”. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So we can assume Foam Factory is NOT in Portland?? 🤣👍🏾 Or maybe it is, I am still wondering what a plywood boulder is and how I could incorporate it into my build. 🤣
Correct. I think Foam Factory is in Michigan.

·
Registered
2021 148 MR AWD 250 Ecoboost
37 Posts
Have a full queen LUX HD 4”. Very firm. Tested by it throwing it on top of tools and small cans, then rolled around and never felt the objects. First use was a little too stiff. Added 1” of memory foam as topper and it is perfect

1 - 14 of 14 Posts