Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all I just took on apposition for about 60-70 transit cargo vans ranging from 2015 to 2020 gas . I was a heavy equiptment/diesel guy till now any common stuff I should know about these van I would greatly apricate

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
hi all I just took on apposition for about 60-70 transit cargo vans ranging from 2015 to 2020 gas . I was a heavy equiptment/diesel guy till now any common stuff I should know about these van I would greatly apricate

Berk360,

Check driveshaft Guibo's, been a couple of recalls on them so far. Also if any are 3.5 turbo and heat is intermittent , check fluids, leaks at clamps underneath turbo has allowed fluids to burn off with no noticeable floor puddles.

Best of luck

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You can google just about any issue that comes up for you and it will likely hit on a discussion in this forum. I once did that and google directed me to one of my OWN posts from several years ago, lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The air filter TURD saga and the resulting recall is the biggest I have seen.

Exhaust manifolds possibly warping and then all of the head bolts snapping off when you go to pull them on the 3.5's is another I have seen,

The rear brakes tend to have terribly low life, some people report a recall where ford installed the rear calipers backwards, could be related.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Heater blockage due to insufficient antifreeze corrosion protection. There is a TSB to replace heater core and switch to Preston CoreGuard. I did mine as a preventative measure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts