Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based on what came up on the Ford Vehicle Visibility site yesterday, the status for the Matt Ford CrewVan went from 'Sent to Plant' to ':love:' 'Produced' and now has a ETA at Matt Ford from February 29th the March 6th. Tracking back to that first day it was placed on the Ford Ordering System, August 6th and showing it to be first scheduled for build on WEEK of October 28th and then update to DAY of October 31st, it would be a long time before the CrewVan would really be built.

From there, DELAYS.....changed from the initial October 31st build DAY to WEEK of December 2nd (on 10/04), then DAY of December 2nd (10/11). Next...WEEK of December 16th (10/16) to DAY of February 11th (12/3). I called Ford to ask what was going on with the build for this vehicle and with the right connection, they rolled it 'Sent to Plant' that day, 12/3. More delays as it backed out of production and into WEEK of January 20th (12/10) and again to DAY of January 31st (1/9/20). As you would expect, MORE DELAYS.....moved to WEEK of February 3rd (1/22/20) and then to DAY of February 8th (1/24/20). DELAYED AGAIN !!

Moved back with WEEK of February 10th (1/30/20) and then DAY of February 11th (1/31/20). Waited a few days and ...'Sent to Plant' on February 3rd indicating it may finally get built. Looking at the Vehicle Visibility site multiple times during the day and hoping it would finally get built. THEN.....on February 14th, that cheering moment when it shows 'PRODUCED' and we know it has finally happened, the first production CrewVan is BUILT!

Starting back in 2017 I went to Ford to see about getting a version of the Econoline CrewVan that I purchased in 2000 made for the Transit. Working with some of the Ford groups for over 9 months, their final decision was they would not make one unless there were roof airbags over the second row seating area as they would not place any seats where there were NO airbags. Thought that would be the end of it but with pressure from the Sprinter already having a version of it and more Transit forum members making their own 'CrewVan' by adding a second seat to it, Ford went with making a design for a airbag for that area.

Nothing was even relayed to me that Ford was pursuing the CrewVan model. Then on December, 2018 someone from the Ford Transit Brand Group contacted me about coming to the preview of the 2020 Transit that was going to be in March, 2019 at the Work Truck Show in Indianapolis, IN. They got me into the show and that is where they would preview the 2020 Transit. I asked them what vehicles would be at the show and they stated it would be a "cargo van, passenger van, and one other". I asked about the 'one other' and they said it would be a prototype model and that is all they would say.

Driving up to Matt Ford for a Transit delivery and then to Indianapolis, IN for the show in March, 2019 I went to the show and looked at all of the display booths for all types of work truck equipment that went on trucks and a few on the Ford Transit. I checked in to the Ford display area as required for the preview show and they placed me on the first row where there was a huge curtain on one side and a huge video screen on the other. Then the preview show started and they rolled out the first Transit which was a cargo van and this one would later show the front row 3 passenger seat. Next came the T-350HD passenger van that would show the NEW Leather seat design. When I was first seated for the preview show, the Ford reps had told me there would be 3 Transits at the show. So now I was waiting for that 3rd Transit to show up.

No more Transits were driven out on the show area and then the video screen started showing some of the pictures on the 2020 model and the new features on it including the AWD models. THEN....on the screen and mentioned by the Ford presenter, a new model for 2020, the Ford Transit CrewVan and there it was as a picture on the screen. Luckily I had my camera ready and got a picture of it that I later posted on the Transit forum. So now I was nearly in tears with something I had pushed for since 2017 and thought it was not possible was finally going to happen for the 2020 model.

NOW....it has been BUILT! Waiting to see it and may have to make a special trip to Matt Ford to see it once it arrives at the dealership. Once I get to see it, I will have detailed pictures on the forum so you can see it too!

www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR1DG2LKA01428

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congratulations!

One of the managers at Grapevine Ford is about to place an order for one. He and his family do the moto thing. I think he said they were up to five bikes and he's going to pull a trailer too when they all go along.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will be a popular selling point for the CrewVan so you can take a few people with you either loading it up with motorcycles, bicycles, or your camping gear and setting out for a enjoyable time using the Transit as your transportation vehicle. Matt Ford has 5 on stock orders with one LR model, 2 MR models, and 2 HR models. May be adding a HR Extended model that only comes in the DRW configuration with ALL of them in AWD. With those stock order units still in the 'Unscheduled - Clean' status, we can make changes to them if a buyer decides they want to get ahead in line for a CrewVan build.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
CVM,

Lot of hard work on your endeavor to get something so many wanted. Congratulations. Good Job !

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
USMC Vet

Now I have placed it in your hands to work with Cary on getting some things you want in your next Transit vehicle and add more options we want added to the future Transits. Like myself, you now have a ear listening to you so make good use of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts