Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ford Transit REAR Wheels Well Liners are out of the mold and ready to start fitting onto the Transit. There will be some hardware requirements and this will be the chance to see what hardware is needed to keep the liner intact. Since the biggest problems for other manufactures and Ford was making the liner work without drilling into the interior of the Transit, we hope to cure that problem when making this installation.

In the past, I had a test set from Penda and later got a set from Lokari and even went as far as ordering a container from Germany but the COVID breakout kept that from happening. I didn't really like the Lokari design and wanted something close to the ones I had from Penda. The ones I have now were made from using a template of the actual Transit wheel well area so the fit should be superior to any of the ones so far.

I will be coming back here with some pictures and will be asking for comments as far as the mounting of the REAR wheel well liners. Once I get the final hardware for these liners, the first group will be available for the Transits delivered to my customers. As we get production up to having quantities available and packaging to ship them, they will be offered for sale. When that time comes. I will come back and give out the complete information for ordering them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Ford Transit REAR Wheels Well Liners are out of the mold and ready to start fitting onto the Transit. There will be some hardware requirements and this will be the chance to see what hardware is needed to keep the liner intact. Since the biggest problems for other manufactures and Ford was making the liner work without drilling into the interior of the Transit, we hope to cure that problem when making this installation.

In the past, I had a test set from Penda and later got a set from Lokari and even went as far as ordering a container from Germany but the COVID breakout kept that from happening. I didn't really like the Lokari design and wanted something close to the ones I had from Penda. The ones I have now were made from using a template of the actual Transit wheel well area so the fit should be superior to any of the ones so far.

I will be coming back here with some pictures and will be asking for comments as far as the mounting of the REAR wheel well liners. Once I get the final hardware for these liners, the first group will be available for the Transits delivered to my customers. As we get production up to having quantities available and packaging to ship them, they will be offered for sale. When that time comes. I will come back and give out the complete information for ordering them.
Sir I certainly applaud your efforts for this vehicle!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Fantastic, I eagerly await more info.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some of the things I have worked with in the past when starting with the REAR wheel well liners. At this point, I still have the test strips from the Penda prototype liners that were flat and the velcro was holding them to the sidewall. When I got the liners from Lokari, they were flat as well so the attachment would be similar to the Penda ones.

With the NEW wheel well liners having the molded panel to match the factory indentions, being able to use some 2 sided adhesive or even possibly some spray-on adhesive would be possible.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Using a salvaged Transit rear section as a template, this rear wheel well liner was made to fit behind the existing outer wheel well trim panel. The 2 existing plastic fasteners are removed and the panel fits behind this trim and you replace the fasteners to hold it in place. I may need to get some new ones from Ford or another source since a lot of these on the older Transits may break apart when removed.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These fasteners are from my 2017 T-250 MR DSD with close to 51,000 miles so these may need to be replaced especially if you have a older Transit and/or more mileage than this one.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have the full length custom running boards on my DSD van so I will need to remove the bolt holding the running boards to mount the liner in this position. Here is another place where I will need to have a bolt as part of the hardware kit.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I removed the fasteners on the rear trim panel and placed the liner in place. I will try and get some NEW fasteners so the complete install will look as new.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is how the REAR wheel well liner looks now before being fully secured in place. I will work on getting some new rear fasteners and remove the bolt holding up the rear of the running boards. I ordered the 2 sided adhesive strips to hold the liner to the inside wheel well as we do not want to drill into the inside of the van.

IF YOU CAN REFRAIN FROM POSTING ANY COMMENTS FROM THIS POINT, I CAN CONTINUE WITH THIS INSTALLATION WITHOUT ANY CONFLICT IN SHOWING THE COMPLETE INSTALLATION. You can place a 'like' on it...just keep the comments to yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the rear wheel well liners from Ed last month and installed them on my 2021 cargo van.
As he did I reused the existing 2 rear push pin retainers.
The forward wheel well liner hole is 1/2" diam and the corresponding body panel hole is 5/8". I couldn't find an appropriate push pin retainer so I enlarged the 1/2" hole to 5/8" and attached using a 5/8" plastic bolt from McMasters.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel

I attached the ribs of the liner to the ribs of the body panel using strips of Scotch Extremely Strong fastener - velcro- Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel Bumper Automotive exterior Material property Bicycle part Tints and shades Font Material property Carton Packaging and labeling Advertising like - after smoothing & cleaning the body panel ribs. Maybe overkill, but holding.
Bumper Automotive exterior Material property Bicycle part Tints and shades

Font Material property Carton Packaging and labeling Advertising

·
Registered
18 Posts

-----------------------

Want to save some money ?
I am placing an order for front and rear Lokari German Fender liners. They fit all Ford transits 2014+.

Front: Industrievertretung Hanna GmbH
Rear: Radhausschalen (PE), hinten - Ford Transit 7 - Transporter, Kleinbus - ab Bj. 14

1 pr Inner wings (PE), rear - Ford Transit 7 - Van, Carrier - from yoc 14
Product no.: IKF-211-L-R
126.05 €$146.79USD
1 pr Inner wings (PE), front - Ford Transit 7 - Van, Carrier - from yoc 14
Product no.: IKF-210-L-R
126.05 €$146.79USD
Non-EU Delivery - Inner wings, wheel well liner, wheel well cover67.23 €$78.30USD
Total amount319.33 €$371.88USD

Exchange rate will vary, I am doing this to save on shipping. Direct any technical questions to Lokari directly.
Mathildenstr. 10
85399 Hallbergmoos
/Phone: +49 (0)89 52032448
Fax: +49 (0)89 52032447
[email protected] www.lokari.de

Keep it simple
Paypal only
50% deposit required
Order front or rear or both.
Anyone interested in a group purchase in the next 30 days ?
Contact me directly [email protected]
Serious inquires only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts