Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIAT has come out with a brand new trim level for its commercials vans called Sportivo. The new trim level will be unveiled officially at the 2014 COmmercial Vehicle Show , which will be held at The NEC Birmingham. Two examples with the new trim will be on show: the FIAT Fiorino Sportivo and the FIAT Ducato Sportivo.

The Sportivo trim level will include features from the Tecnico models, like air conditioning, Blue&Me connectivity, front fog lights and parking sensors. In addition, the new trim level will get allot wheels, improved engine power, Sportivo side-stripes and painted bumpers where available.

Here are the different Sportivo models and their prices:
Fiorino Sportivo 1.3 95 MultiJet II - £9,695
Doblo Sportive 1.6 105 MultiJet - £10,695
Scudo Sportivo 2.0 130 MultiJet - £13,195
Ducato Sportivo 2.3 150 MultiJet II - £14,995

You can order Sportivo models now and they should arrive at dealerships right after the 2014 Commercial Vehicle Show.

I realize this is European, but I think its good to keep your finger on the pulse to see what's happening. Besides, FIAT could always bring stuff like this over to the US.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It seams pretty clear to me that everyone is waiting for the US Transit to show up on the job. The promaster is of very low quality and putting perfume on a pig is still a pig.
Fiat is very tight with the money,so why would you want to make the investment? (in the US truck/van market)
Everyone is watching to see how the market will play out for Fords Transit ,then GM will jump in.

VanMan

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm waiting for the diesel versions of both to come out, so far the Promaster is higher on my list due to better warrantee, 4 vs 5 cylinders (one less glow plug, injector, etc..., manual transmission, lower height and most likely better MPG. Ford has more options, features, prettier, more power, didn't take taxpayer money, US owned but it seems to be priced much higher.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm waiting for the diesel versions of both to come out, so far the Promaster is higher on my list due to better warrantee, 4 vs 5 cylinders (one less glow plug, injector, etc..., manual transmission, lower height and most likely better MPG. Ford has more options, features, prettier, more power, didn't take taxpayer money, US owned but it seems to be priced much higher.
Fiat got chrysler for FREE by our president
Go buy one (promaster), there are lots of them on the dealer lots
Its made in Mexico, Not America

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sadly it is, build quality of things in mexico seem to be questionable, is there any history for us to suggest how good or bad those vehicles produced in are?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts