Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group
2017 Transit TH 350HD which has a Trailer Brake Module ford part # CK4Z19H332B,pictured below. Can any one tell me how to get to it. When I probe the right turn signal at the trailer plug on the rear with a test light it flashes at a normal speed and when I probe at any other pin and then go back to the right turn signal it will hyper flash and then after a few minutes it will return to the normal speed. Am I chasing the correct part to fix the issue? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Rectangle Circuit component Font Auto part Electronics accessory

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 350 HD PowerStroke Diesel High Roof Dually
47 Posts
I'm in the process of installing the piece your showing. It goes underneath the plastic cover on the driver side foot well on the right hand side where the wires are.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille

I'm missing that piece but you can see the 2 wires that will clip into it. And the 3rd wire clips in and goes thru that circle rubber cover on the left to connect underneath the van. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but that's where it's located
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much I was at that spot but stopped I was afraid I was going to damage the plastic cover.
May I ask why you are replacing it? Trying to fix a turn signal issue and Im to that area. I may have to go have a chat with ford. I tow sometimes and just need it fixed. Thanks again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I need to tow a trailer with my van and the trailer lights didn't work. Nothing worked when tested. I saw Ford installed the tow hitch and wires underneath the van. Then I checked fuses for the trailer were all installed and tested fine. Then I took out the plastic over the footwell and found the wires there but NO trailer brake module was installed. So I have it on order now and should have it early next week. Did you check the fuses underneath the steering wheel?

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
On the early model transit's the trailer tow modules were causing transit's to catch fire, There was a recall.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On the early model transit's the trailer tow modules were causing transit's to catch fire said:
I have a 2018 but that would explain why they left them out. Can't cause a fire if it's not there. I will definitely be looking for a weep hole there. If none found I'll add one. Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.