Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My custom-ordered 2018 Transit 130 mr has a factory tow bar. At around 6k miles, the exhaust started banging loudly against the tow bar when at idle only. The exhaust is in a flexible mount and that loosened up after a few k miles.

It's loud at idle. My closest dealer (deep south mansplainers) says its not a warranty issue cause the mount hasn't failed. I'd bring it by my dealer (Matt Ford), but the closest I'll get the summer is still a 6-hour detour.

Any ideas?

Fyi I've never towed anything and Terry the Transit turned one uo 2 days ago

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I brought my Transit in today for an unrelated emissions code to a random Ford dealer in Illinois, south of Chicago. I'm based in Florida but I'm on the road for three months for work in the Transit.

The IL dealer said my emissions code is probably an easy fix (unfortunately one that they couldn't do today cuz I had too much gas in Terry the Transit, doh). But they were able to under warranty adjust the mount for my exhaust so that the banging has stopped. My closest Florida dealer was telling me that I'd need to get the exhaust bent to fix the problem, at my own expense.

Just sad that I've driven around for 10,000 miles with my exhaust banging at idle because idiot dealers exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts