Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Question: For the 2018 long wheelbase Transit, are the factory roof rack tracks and mounting holes specs the same for a low roof, mid roof, or high roof?

Background: I'm looking to install this Front Runner rack on my 2018 long wheelbase mid-roof Transit https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/ford-transit-4th-gen-2013-curr-slii-roof-rack-kit.html.

The Front Runner rep I spoke with advised that this rack was designed based on the low roof Transit specs but he did not know if it would fit a mid or high roof transit. I called my local Ford dealer but they couldn't answer.

My guess is that yes, the Transit's factory tracks and holes are all in the exact same place and dimensions regardless of the van's roof height - this would facilitate 3rd party accessory installation... but maybe I'm wrong.

I hope you guys know!

Thank you!!! And, let me know what you guys think about the Front Runner rack, I think it looks awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok @Hein was kind enough to text me that the mounting holes and tracks on the Transit low, mid, and high roofs are identically placed - thank you Hein.

In theory then, this should mean that a rack designed to fit say an extended transit with a low roof should also fit an extended transit with a mid and high roof.

good news.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts