Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 350 HD EL 3.2L HR Diesel Wagon
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas where I might find something like this in a 20 x 20 size to place over my Factory flip out windows. Automotive lighting Rectangle Violet Bumper Automotive exterior

Auto part Line art Parallel Drawing Automotive exterior This would allow me to leave my windows open while parked or while driving.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Ford did not make those factory pop-out windows to stay open while driving. That caused a lot of them to break the latches and then owners were taking them back to the dealer for warranty service. Ford had so many claims on those windows that they dropped that option after 2019.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Ford did not make those factory pop-out windows to stay open while driving.
There is no such mention in the users manual. Is there a supplement or TSB? That's classic Ford. Design a flip out window that is hinged at the leading edge (?) yet not intended to be opened when driving. Maybe they'll provide WARNING!! stickers for owners with thate windows? (That'll fix the issue. 🤣 ) I've had two Hondas ('84 and '01) with pop out windows that were neve a problem, even then it was not exactly new technology If the window are for stationary use, then why not make them awning style. JEEZ. Rant over.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
The 2020 model did not have those factory pop-out window available
Correct, and no mention at all of pop out windows in 2020 manual. I was referring to the 2019 manual. Only mention is how to open or close pop out windows. No instructions on not use while vehicle is in motion.

I also recognize that the manual is severely lacking. (For example: just how do I access the optional maintenance minder (?) that I paid extra for, etc. etc.) That is why I asked if there was a supplement, TSB, warning label.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had one such window on the 2015 or 2017 cargo vans I had. What a waste of engineering time & effort.

What I wish they'd offer is flip-out rear windows, like on the old vans where the entire window moved, hinged at the top.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had two Hondas ('84 and '01) with pop out windows that were neve a problem, even then it was not exactly new technology
Yup, I've put 1000s of miles (and many of those off road) on my T100 with the extended cab windows popped out without an issue. Definitely wish the Transit still had windows that opened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts