Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well, for those that are insane like me, I just added the large console, upfitter switches, and factory trailer brake controller and gain control via forscan and a few hours work.

Looks good, I had to order a harness. Not sure I can make the upfitter switches work yet, as I don't have the aux fuse box under the dash, but everything in the console is plugged in correctly.

If you need help being as stupid as I am, I can rustle up part numbers and the steps I took.

I already had tow/haul mode on the trans/dash but I did not have a hitch or trailer brake control. Now I have factory everything towing.

Yay. View attachment 171697
Congratulations. You have joined an ELITE club here. Folks who have SUCCESSFULLY added Factory Brake controller. That is no small accomplishment. Even dealer technicians don't have access to do it without aftermarket support. You are one tenacious guy. I am sure it was an expensive proposition too. Kudo's👋👽 you must be a Motorcyclist .

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
867 Posts
Racerb? Call me racer a. Lol.
Not sure elite, taking the dash apart was tedious but straightforward. The hardest part that gave me the most brain damage was getting an old windows 7 laptop to allow use of an unsigned driver for my Forscan connector.
I am a Motorcyclist also. I raced cars for 50 years. "Nothing is impossible" attitude required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts