Pictures of cargo cabin and suspension

taken June 23

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Picture of USB, mini-jack and big hydraulic jack under passenger seat

The USB and mini-jack ports are just above the center cup holders and below the HVAC controls. I forgot to take a picture of the radio controls. Everything is displayed on the center console LCD screen.

The floor jack is hydraulic and it bright yellow. It is mounted under the front passenger seat.

I'm a 2014 Sprinter owner but I DO like the looks of the new Transit.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
The USB and mini-jack ports are just above the center cup holders and below the HVAC controls. I forgot to take a picture of the radio controls. Everything is displayed on the center console LCD screen.

The floor jack is hydraulic and it bright yellow. It is mounted under the front passenger seat.

I'm a 2014 Sprinter owner but I DO like the looks of the new Transit.
Was under the passenger seat empty other than the jack?

Thank you for taking the pictures.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not looking very good for access to the rear cabin from the driver seat. I can't believe with snout that long they still have a major transmission tunnel between the seats. Fixed cup holder, E-brake handle, and shifter are all in the way.
Hmm, was hoping to have better access than an E-series, not worse.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm surprised that Ford is using a hydraulic jack, particularly on tall vans. I'd want to carry some way of blocking under vehicle to change a tire.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Not looking very good for access to the rear cabin from the driver seat. I can't believe with snout that long they still have a major transmission tunnel between the seats. Fixed cup holder, E-brake handle, and shifter are all in the way.
I agree, pictures make rear access seem tighter than Econoline, and I was hoping for improvement for RV use. I'm wondering how driver's seat will swivel back if parking brake is next to it.

The transmission tunnel I had noticed before and expect it's due to lower floor compared to Econoline. Plus transmission is probably physically bigger too. Regardless it's disappointing that floor is not flat as before.

For RV use it seems from pictures (haven't seen Transit yet) that ProMaster has better access for driver and passenger to move back and forth to house.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That something I will make sure of, (I am on the transit drive in Dearborn)
I may take it out (all that cup holder bullsh*t) . The euro version does not have it.
Remimber this is America and what YOU want does not matter. Someone who does not drive designed this.
Look at a New NGV Sprinter, ALOT more room!
If you look at the bare weldment (I HAVE), there is no Trans tunnel, Its all Plastic B/S

·
Registered
640 Posts
I looked at the euro interior and it has nothing there, 3 across seating.
When I am on the tour and driving, I will make sure I can go from the drivers seat to rear without a problem.
I will ask WHY they did this? and tell them that this is my #1 complaint about there overall design.
The interior plastic from Turkey may not be cheap.
I will look at all the seams to see what it will take to remove
Sorry, the clearance issue just set me off

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Dynaco1,
Thanks for the pic's. Was hoping for one under drivers seat.

Parking brake location is no big problem, it can be moved. No matter where it is located on a vehicle for me, they were going to make it an, electric push button control on dash.

Semper Fi

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Ford may come up with a park brake setup like the Sprinter has when swivel seats are specified. The handle can be lowered without releasing the brake. Only comes I believe with the factory installed swivels.
I have no doubt Ford will have something setup when the factory swivels come online

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Pictures under driver's seat with access to 12V power points. See molded "-" and "+" on top of plastic access covers. The "+" is located behind the driver's right calf and the "-" is below the seat back rest near emergency brake base. I removed the rear cover (see red wire). I could not remove the front cover without removing seat.

Dynaco1,
Thanks for the pic's. Was hoping for one under drivers seat.

Parking brake location is no big problem, it can be moved. No matter where it is located on a vehicle for me, they were going to make it an, electric push button control on dash.

Semper Fi

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I looked at the euro interior and it has nothing there, 3 across seating.
When I am on the tour and driving, I will make sure I can go from the drivers seat to rear without a problem.
I will ask WHY they did this? and tell them that this is my #1 complaint about there overall design.
The interior plastic from Turkey may not be cheap.
I will look at all the seams to see what it will take to remove
Sorry, the clearance issue just set me off
I'm sure front wheel drive Transit vans in other markets don't need one. Pictures of US rear wheel drive van structure clearly show a transmission tunnel as part of the bare body structure. This is not something that can be removed and replaced.

The Transit's floor is lower than the Econoline plus the 6R80 is a big transmission, so it's no surprise a hump between front seats is necessary for clearance and adequate cooling.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm sure front wheel drive Transit vans in other markets don't need one. Pictures of US rear wheel drive van structure clearly show a transmission tunnel as part of the bare body structure. This is not something that can be removed and replaced.

The Transit's floor is lower than the Econoline plus the 6R80 is a big transmission, so it's no surprise a hump between front seats is necessary for clearance and adequate cooling.
The bare body I was in was a American market one, it did have a trans tunnel in it, but no HOLE in the firewall such as the econoline.
The euro one was a rwd, high roof ,max body.
What I want to remove is the plastic that extends the instrument panel beyond the temp control knobs.
This looks like it would add space? (leg room) to get into the back.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts