Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Exterior Lighting: what are the best lights to mount to my roof?

380 6
I have a 2020 Ford Transit Medium Roof. I installed the Aluminess Roof Rack for solar and roof storage. I'd like to install some epic exterior lights to mount on the front of the roof too.

What are some cost-effective companies/brands that others have seen as a reliable purchase? I want something durable, bad ass looking, reasonably priced, that will light me up a mountain road when its dark. Just starting my research and thought I'd check with this community to see what others have found!

Thank you for your input and consideration. I have 2 126w solar panels and a 12.8 V lithium ion battery (relion) as my power source so there shouldn't be any limitations from my electric setup.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,665 Posts
Depends on budget and size limitations, as well as alternator output.

I have a set of Auxbeam no name LED lights from Amazon on one of my motorcycles. Bang for the buck they are pretty decent. If you want the best, then the Baja Designs LP9 are pretty awesome. I also have a set of lights from Strands in Europe another one of my bikes. Very popular with their commercial truck crowd. I think if I held two pieces of metal together at the right distance from a pair of lights that they would get welded together. They have some pretty well built and pretty bright lights for less money than Baja Designs. The ones in the link have a white daytime running halo light, and an amber halo light for turn signals. I wired them up with a couple of programmable relays so the white DRL would go off the whole time the turn signals were on so that they didn't flash alternately, like this.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also use Auxbeam - have two 3" fog lights mounted on a brush bar, wired to upfitter switch. Mainly use for driving in snow and they have worked great. Auxbeam has larger formats available.
I have seen Diode Dynamics advertising on the forum. Competitive with Baja but a bit less expensive.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends on budget and size limitations, as well as alternator output.

I have a set of Auxbeam no name LED lights from Amazon on one of my motorcycles. Bang for the buck they are pretty decent. If you want the best, then the Baja Designs LP9 are pretty awesome. I also have a set of lights from Strands in Europe another one of my bikes. Very popular with their commercial truck crowd. I think if I held two pieces of metal together at the right distance from a pair of lights that they would get welded together. They have some pretty well built and pretty bright lights for less money than Baja Designs. The ones in the link have a white daytime running halo light, and an amber halo light for turn signals. I wired them up with a couple of programmable relays so the white DRL would go off the whole time the turn signals were on so that they didn't flash alternately, like this.

Thank you for your suggestion! I really like the strands in Europe design. I think I am going to go for a 50 inch curve double row. Thats the exact price range I was looking for too.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,665 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts