Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://amp.freep.com/amp/2292795001

Just a reminder never to buy the first model year of any vehicle...Ford is having a big “OH $%#@“ moment with the 2020 Explorer.

I bought a 2015 Transit so I’m one of the early adopters enjoying the extended effects of an untempered vehicle. I had my reasons at the time, but Ford “forgot” the central trailer wiring harness, and there were a few recalls including the airbox, giubo (twice), and a torque converter replaced BARELY under warranty.

I would have ended up with a Transit eventually, no doubt about it. Toyota doesn’t make a full-size van.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the linked story: “A wholesale transaction is recorded by Ford when a vehicle leaves the plant, or is "gate released." Revenue is booked when the vehicle is wholesaled and leaves the plant for the dealer. A sale, or “delivery,” is logged when the dealer completes the transaction with the consumer.

So stopping production could reduce revenue booked this quarter. For this reason, it's more common for any automaker to fix vehicles after the assembly process has been completed. ”

Moral of the story: The beancounters win, every time, over common sense.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh snap. Not good. Just ordered a 2020 explorer for my mom. Looking at ordering one for my wife. Hope the 2020 transit is ok. Just ordered a 2020 transit cutaway AWD.

I guess a guy should hold off until they get this sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The 2020 Explorer went back to RWD so that is what some are curious about as far as problems with it. Same thing about the AWD on the 2020 Transit. Both are new to that particular model so guess we will see what happens.

One thing I am looking at on the 2020 Explorer is the NEW 3.3L engine as part of the Hybrid model. This may be the engine going to the Transit as part of the Hybrid model for the Transit, possibly in the 2021 model. Question is will it be offered in BOTH the RWD as well as the AWD models? In the Explorer, it is offered in both the RWD and 4WD models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts