Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Expensive surprise trying to order a 2023

3803 52
Hello Group, I'm new here, first post. I want a new low roof Transit. It's the only one that will fit in my garage. I'm still undecided on Crew or Passenger w/o rear seats.
So this is what happened. Two weeks ago I emailed my local Ford Dealer Internet Sales Manager telling him that I was interested in ordering a 2023 Transit Van. He wrote back telling me that he would let me know when the order banks for the 2023 opened up. Well, yesterday he wrote back telling me the order banks are open and asked me when I would like to come in. This is what he wrote in his e-mail, " I have good news for you! The order banks have opened on the Transit vans. I've been informed by my manager that due to Ford alloting us a couple to order we will be adding an additional $5000 (market adjustment) to the final build price. Please let me know if you're ready to come down and place your order or if you have any questions."
My questions to the group: Has anyone encountered this up-charge when ordering new in previous years? Is there something different about the 2023 Transit...Do you think they are expecting a short supply or something else and that's why they are marking them up? I want to support my local dealer, but this extra $5k is making me re-think everything.
Should I start shopping other dealers?
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Could you please give us the name of this dealer and where they are located."

-- I don't know if I want to do that just yet. I have an appointment with the local Ford Dealer Monday morning. I'll see if I can talk them out of the up-charge.
Since I posted, I already chatted with another Ford dealer 65 miles away. They told me they do not mark-up MSRP, but claimed that they do a Dealer Add-On
of $1698 Desert Protection Pkg (tinting, nitrogen filled tires, paint protection)
LOL....What a bunch of crooks playing with words. Seems "stealers" are only getting worse with their tactics. No wonder I can't stand them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Group, I'm new here, first post. I want a new low roof Transit. It's the only one that will fit in my garage. I'm still undecided on Crew or Passenger w/o rear seats.
So this is what happened. Two weeks ago I emailed my local Ford Dealer Internet Sales Manager telling him that I was interested in ordering a 2023 Transit Van. He wrote back telling me that he would let me know when the order banks for the 2023 opened up. Well, yesterday he wrote back telling me the order banks are open and asked me when I would like to come in. This is what he wrote in his e-mail, " I have good news for you! The order banks have opened on the Transit vans. I've been informed by my manager that due to Ford alloting us a couple to order we will be adding an additional $5000 (market adjustment) to the final build price. Please let me know if you're ready to come down and place your order or if you have any questions."
My questions to the group: Has anyone encountered this up-charge when ordering new in previous years? Is there something different about the 2023 Transit...Do you think they are expecting a short supply or something else and that's why they are marking them up? I want to support my local dealer, but this extra $5k is making me re-think everything.
I had the same experience at Corwin Ford in Reno when I tried to order a 2023 after my 2022 didn't get built. They told me $5K market adjustment to reorder. Told my friend $10K for a completely new order but he "talked them down" to $5K, which was likely what they wanted to begin with.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ford wants to claim those markups for the company.
and here

No mention of the eTransits in these articles.

·
Registered
nothing yet, but planning on an EV van
319 Posts
Ford wants to claim those markups for the company.
No mention of the vans in this article.
that is reasonable, they want to get their feet wet with one vehicle increased battery at a time. plus it can't be that hard to go from a 150 to a 250 or 350 in terms of large battery placement so it should be a breeze to get a bigger battery into the transit by 2024, however, that might be too late if their competition starts selling large battery vans first

·
Registered
24 Posts
Should I start shopping other dealers
They up charged me $7000 and it's soo unfair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So we had an order in 2022 for a high roof Transit that didn't get built and the order rolled to '23 and we had gotten quoted the spiffy new higher MSRP which ends up being like $5-6K more than the same setup roughly for '22. Ford told the dealer that something is in the works for folks who had orders balanced out and moved to '23, but if you didn't already have an order in, yes, its just more expensive now from the get-go. This has happened to alot of models, and not just from Ford (Tesla raised prices too). Thanks all to the supply chain being f'd up thanks to the China-virus affect world-wide 🙄

·
Registered
23 Posts
Off topic question:
Are you certain a low roof transit will fit (vertically) into your garage?
I ask because my 2018 low roof will not fit in my standard vertical clearance American garage door opening.
I knew this before I bought it, build to order, in Fall 2017 but I thought I'd mention it here since you mentioned putting yours in your garage.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Plant Car Cloud

41 - 53 of 53 Posts