Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Given it threw the code subsequent to installing the fuel line, that seem highly likely the cause or something that was disturbed during the install. It could be the seal on your fuel line connection to the tank, but could also be something that was damaged/displaced in the install process, like a vacuum line for the vent or purge valve that got damaged. In the case of the Transit, can't be a loose gas cap. So yea, it would be a good idea to find the leak.

Other that a really bad fuel line to tank seal (or a puncture above the fuel level) where gasoline could slosh out, nothing is likely to go boom. I know on older cars, evap malfunction is not something that could cause any engine damage. Just going to pollute a bit of fuel vapor. But I am clueless if a "modern" vehicle is any different. Heck who knows if it could do something silly like go into a limp mode eventually if not addressed. I'd sure hope not. Maybe someone with better specific knowledge will chime in.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
That's a stored code in memory. It may take a few drive cycles for it to remove itself.
Any clue what the drive cycle is for the Transit?

Funny thing. In NJ, older cars can pass inspection with 2 non-Cat codes as long as systems are iready and there is no CEL. Makes no sense but that's the law. I've gotten my kids beater car through with a failed evap system 3 times already. Last time was with failed erg as well Just need to find the sweet spot where the CAT system shows ready but the CEL light is not on. For his car that conveniently is the drive to the inspection station. The CEL turns on about a mile down the road after inspection. Oddly satisfying. If the car was two years older, there would be no OBDII and would be exempt from inspection. No more tailpipe sniffers in NJ. I suppose cuz they are not required to get federal highway funding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts