Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Canadians,

I've got my VIN and Window Sticker and am told I'll get my van by mid March but can't track it online via ETIS here, as our cousins to the South can. Do we have a different (or non existent) online tracking option up here?

Fact is my dealer is a little less than useless, so can't trust him for dates so hoping to track myself.

Cheers. Dave

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
What date is showing at the top of your online window sticker? That should be your projected build date. The dealer can track it all the way from the transportation lot, then when loaded the system gives you the rail car # and EVERY DAY it gives you the location of the rail car. If you know the railroad that the Transit is loaded on, sometimes you can go to their site and track it by the rail car # or VIN.

I do that for my orders from ModVans in CA as those are sent to them via Union Pacific Railroad. They currently have one in rail car #TTGX941509 sitting at the Regional Distribution Center in Miraloma, CA where the Transit will be offloaded on the transportation lot there and then transported by flat bed truck or trailer to Ventura Ford.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was able to use ETIS to monitor my vans progress. I don't think it even sees a country it justs wants the VIN.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to use ETIS to monitor my vans progress. I don't think it even sees a country it justs wants the VIN.
Thanks. Were you able to see that information on the ETIS site I linked above? Curious to know if I have the wrong link, etc.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What date is showing at the top of your online window sticker? That should be your projected build date. The dealer can track it all the way from the transportation lot, then when loaded the system gives you the rail car # and EVERY DAY it gives you the location of the rail car. If you know the railroad that the Transit is loaded on, sometimes you can go to their site and track it by the rail car # or VIN.
Thanks for the info. I don't actually have a date at the top of my window sticker. A series of random numbers and codes but no date.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That is trhe correct site. If I remember correctly nothing will show up until a few weeks after the order.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is trhe correct site. If I remember correctly nothing will show up until a few weeks after the order.
Weird. My order is from Nov and due in 20 days (hopefully) and I see nothing on ETIS with my VIN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts