Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thanksgiving visitor arrive in a Sprinter. He limped his way here. He was in limp mode, that must be sprinter terminology. He had ERG and DPT error codes. We had to find a good mercedes sprinter mechanic. I didnt know where to go because I have a Ford Transit. Long story, short, we found a place and they had it 2 days and he paid an unusually high amount of money (i think). BUT he was fixed. They bypassed his ERG and DTP and said he wont ever have to worry about that again but more importantly he got LOTS more power and 4 or 5 more MPG.
So is that a diesel engine thing? Do I have an ERG and a DPT. Can I increase my gas mileage. I only get 14 and think something can be done to get more. I have a 2016 Transit 250 with 34K. What is an ERG or a DPT anyway?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve, and Diesel Particulate Filter. These are emissions control devices, and should not be tampered with. Especially if you have to pass a smog, or emissions test in your state or province. Having said that, I'd love to delete both those items from my van.

There is no complete solution to delete the hardware, and update the software for our diesel equipped vans. Yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve, and Diesel Particulate Filter. These are emissions control devices, and should not be tampered with. Especially if you have to pass a smog, or emissions test in your state or province. Having said that, I'd love to delete both those items from my van.

There is no complete solution to delete the hardware, and update the software for our diesel equipped vans. Yet.
There is now, but it is a lot of work. It is much easier on the Sprinters becouse there are complete kit for it. On the Ford I had to do it all my self. I used a tuner from Canada that dose the work on the CPU. I'm having some problems at this time. But I'm hopful to have them worked out soon. It is very expensive to have it shipped and tuned form Texas to Canada. But I'm hopping it will be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Where in Canada? If I drive over there will they do the complete work for me? ;-) I get less than 100 miles between regen so not sure how long this thing will last the way it is!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts