Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Transit 350 , 124000 Miles, I received this message on the display on my speedo, and the van died.
ENGINE FAILURE
SERVICE ENGINE NOW:|

I coasted off the highway, and stopped. turned off for a few seconds, and restarted Van. The problem dissappeared for about two weeks. It came back and I did the same thing to get it back running. Contacted my dealer and they had no idea what the problem is. I can get it in in 2 weeks.
Looking for maybe another person had this issue.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
What codes did the scan say you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having this same issue with my 2017 Transit 350 HD with ecoboost. The first time was at 44K miles. a Ford service center thought it was a fuel pump, then figured out it was the BCM (Body Control Module, a stupid computer). They put it in wrong. We made it home (across the country) and had to bring it to the Ford service center near home because it stopped running entirely. Apparently, the first Ford service center put in the part wrong and it malfunctioned, giving us 50 starts before it failed. The first place refunded me and second Ford dealer replaced the BCM. it's now at 51K miles and I just had it towed to my local Ford dealer because of the engine fault again.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Again, what are the DTC codes when you scan it?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had the same problem. They replaced the entire PCV valve, hose and Crankcase Pressure Sensor and the problem was solved. The whole assembly...it's coming out of the drivers side valve cover and runs down to the block. Here's a pic with my hand on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today, Ford called me and said it was a leaking air filter housing, saying that it sits over the drivetrain. :s They won't listen to any of my suggestions, so I have a feeling I'm going to be back there again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem. They replaced the entire PCV valve, hose and Crankcase Pressure Sensor and the problem was solved. The whole assembly...it's coming out of the drivers side valve cover and runs down to the block. Here's a pic with my hand on it.

Has this solution solved the problem? Have you had trouble since 3/19? I've already replaced my Fuel Control Module but the problem came back two days later. It almost seems temperature or condensation related as it won't start at 6AM/65F but 85% of the time will start at 7:30/80F.

T250 3.5 Ecoboost with 44,000 miles. I've only owned it a month but tried wiring in trailer lights and blew a fuse. It's been doing this ever since where it won't start in the mornings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. How did the mechanic know to replace the PCV valve? Was there a code generated?

·
Registered
5 Posts
you should probably be reading the trailer wiring threads.

Not the only BCM failure thread.
I'll have him check for stored codes again. So far it's only been the Fuel Control Module. The wiring harness described came from eTrailer and wasn't cheap... but I suppose that doesn't really matter.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I'll have him check for stored codes again. So far it's only been the Fuel Control Module. The wiring harness described came from eTrailer and wasn't cheap... but I suppose that doesn't really matter.

Thanks for your response.
People on this forum have been pleased with the Etrailer setup, I think I only recall one person with Etrailer problems because he got his battery positive (+) from the wrong source. (You are suppose to hook it direct to the battery, Or the CCP)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts