Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer told me that Ford will not allow them to use Forscan bypass the Auto Start/Stop function.

Is this true???

I would rather eliminate this function with the Forscan system than a more DIY route.

·
Registered
2022 U8U
539 Posts
The OEMs typically aren't allowed to permit permanent disabling of this feature, since it is factored into the vehicles published fuel economy rating.

Why would you want to?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I highly recommend, simply for your sanity, that you try and embrace the feature, rather than fight it. I didn't like it on my Forester when we first got it, but these days when I pull up to a red light and the car shuts off I find the sudden quiet to be calming. And really -- there are so many other things to get worked up about these days...

·
Registered
736 Posts
For future reference for folks reading this thread; the Ambulance Package does away with stop/start altogether. No button and no stopping. I think this is because an ambulance idles a lot here and there or needs all systems functioning in stop and go traffic.
I’m wondering if there is an idle timer from start up too. Haven’t tested that yet.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
My local dealer told me that Ford will not allow them to use Forscan bypass the Auto Start/Stop function.

Is this true???

I would rather eliminate this function with the Forscan system than a more DIY route.
There is a simple fix to this. It costs about $90 and it makes the button behaves the way you want -- it remembers the last state. It's called Auto Start Stop Eliminator. I think there's a 10% promo code you can google. I have it in my 2020 Transit 148 HR van. It was easy to install (~10 minutes), and has worked perfectly ever since. Would buy again.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2021 HR Extended AWD Transit T-250
339 Posts
I used Forscan in my 2021 Transit Cargo to disable the Auto Stop/Start feature but it had no effect. When I experienced no change in behavior, I went back into Forscan to ensure that I had properly written the change and it was still set to disabled but no joy. Maybe there is an additional setting that also needs to be modified to make this work?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
More Methods.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've seen this "feature" being discussed on other media sites. Question, I have a 2021 AWD NA 250 Transit and it does not have the Stop/Start. Is that an option ?
We ordered a '21 Med Roof Pass Van and wanted clarification of Option 57A. We wanted the ability to defeat A.S.S. BTW, love our van after ~10k miles - cheers, M

Here's what Cary Shapiro, Ford Transit factory rep said:

"Two things to note about option 57A. It removes the ability to turn off Auto Start-Stop. Meaning Auto Start-Stop will be on permanently. This is mostly a feature for large fleet managers at big companies, who don't want their drivers to be able to turn off the Auto Start-Stop function. So, if you want to be able to keep the motor running at red lights, you don't want 57A.

Second, Auto Start-Stop is only available on the EcoBoost engine. So, 57A will automatically be included on Transits with the standard PFDI engine (no button is necessary with the PFDI engine, since Auto Start-Stop isn't even available). This option is very confusing, so I hope that made sense."

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Car

·
Registered
U8U-2022 T350HD HR 148 EL AWD Cargo, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, 11,000 lb. GVWR, Oxford White, Fully Loaded
99 Posts
We ordered a '21 Med Roof Pass Van and wanted clarification of Option 57A. We wanted the ability to defeat A.S.S. BTW, love our van after ~10k miles - cheers, M

"Two things to note about option 57A. It removes the ability to turn off Auto Start-Stop. Meaning Auto Start-Stop will be on permanently. This is mostly a feature for large fleet managers at big companies, who don't want their drivers to be able to turn off the Auto Start-Stop function. So, if you want to be able to keep the motor running at red lights, you don't want 57A.

Second, Auto Start-Stop is only available on the EcoBoost engine. So, 57A will automatically be included on Transits with the standard PFDI engine (no button is necessary with the PFDI engine, since Auto Start-Stop isn't even available). This option is very confusing, so I hope that made sense."

View attachment 174075
This is now a Moot Point, as Ford has made this a Fleet-Only option for 2023. Retail customers can no longer order the Auto Stop-Start Button Delete (which is for the best), but Fleets can still order it so their drivers can't disable ASS. Also (as I stated above), ASS is now available on the 2023 3.5 PFDI (Naturally Aspirated/Non-Turbo) engines.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any info on starter life with start stop? It just seems like a lot of extra stress on the starter, and how much fuel do you actually think this saves? I’m not sure it’s worth it🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
28 Posts

View attachment 174075
Hi there 😀 Could someone explain this a little more…I’m a little confused 🫤 or not getting this? So I do NOT want this function of shutting off at stop lights. So when I order a 2023, what do I do to make sure my van will keep running? What option do I order?

·
Registered
U8U-2022 T350HD HR 148 EL AWD Cargo, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, 11,000 lb. GVWR, Oxford White, Fully Loaded
99 Posts
Hi there 😀 Could someone explain this a little more…I’m a little confused 🫤 or not getting this? So I do NOT want this function of shutting off at stop lights. So when I order a 2023, what do I do to make sure my van will keep running? What option do I order?
There is No Option, it's Standard. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 18 of 18 Posts