Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Ford Transit high roof and long wheel base. It is a Coachman Crossfit RV class B van.
My left turn signal started blinking rapidly a few days ago so I thought a bulb had burnt out. Since I was very close to the Ford dealer I pulled in and they were surprised it wasn't a bulb. They have been working on the van for 2 days and are still stumped as to what the issue is.
The last recall on the van that was done was supposed to prevent this problem I was told. I never had the problem until the recall work was completed. They consulted the Ford company and they are not sure how to fix it. I am a retired nurse and am clueless to these matters. Has anyone else had this problem? I joined the forum a few months ago but never had a question to ask so this is a first for me.
Can anyone give me advice? I would really appreciate it.
Terri

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Hello Terri, does your conversion have LED tail lights? That could cause it and there is a setting for the dealer or someone with ForScan software to enable the computer to see them without the fast flash. Maybe when they did the recall work they reset the computer setting without realizing it.

I just setup my wagons for LED tail lamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not sure if it helps, but I noticed that my transit would blink rapidly when I had a trailer light out when towing. None of my other trucks would do that. Do you have the tow package? It could be something with the wiring at the hitch even if your not towing.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hello Terri, does your conversion have LED tail lights? That could cause it and there is a setting for the dealer or someone with ForScan software to enable the computer to see them without the fast flash. Maybe when they did the recall work they reset the computer setting without realizing it.

I just setup my wagons for LED tail lamps.
Can you change the tail lamps LED programming with iOS version of ForScan Lite (and ELM327) or do you need the windows version and a USB OBD2 cable?

I'd like to change my tail lamps to LED and not worry about resistors.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Can you change the tail lamps LED programming with iOS version of ForScan Lite (and ELM327) or do you need the windows version and a USB OBD2 cable? I'd like to change my tail lamps to LED and not worry about resistors.
Probably not, it looks like only the Windows version with extended license can program: https://forscan.org/comparsion.html

You might see if you can borrow a windows laptop to do it like this guy did:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3060

If you come down to Orlando, I'd do it with mine for you. 0:)
-and take you for some Florida BBQ a la Matt Ford, lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yesterday while exiting a truck stop to turn right I got rapid clicking and rapid flashing indicator. I was able to turn back into the truck stop lot suspecting the obvious, a burned out turn signal lamp. Got out and checked the front driver's side lamp. Rapid flashing, light still good. Driver's side mirror. Rapid flashing, light still good. Driver's side rear. Rapid flashing, light still good. WTF! I drove about 400 miles that day and made 3 stops and shutting down the engine at every stop. After the last stop I noticed the right turn signal indicator was functioning normally. Today all signals working fine.

2 days before the signal malfunction I replaced both license plate lamps, one had burned out, with new LED lamps. I drove about 700 miles with the new LEDs, mostly after sundown with no turn signal problems. I don't know if the LED license plate lamps caused the problem or if it's just a Ford, unexplainable electric problem. My wife has a 2018 Ford Edge. Occasionally the clicking mechanism goes silent until the ignition is turned off. Restart the car and everything is fine for 5 or 6 weeks. Back in the day a mechanical flasher would go bad, and easy and cheap replacement. Do these new vehicles even have a mechanical flasher?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Think it is just a Transit problem. Mine did it before I added LED's, Ford reconfigured BCM to accept them. Still does it occasionally, rapid flash for a while then back to normal. Got tired of asking strangers to tell me if lights were out after about the 50th time. Now I just ignore it and everything eventually returns to normal flash.

Semper Fi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts