Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
How huge will they be? Do you think they'll require an oversize load permit to travel on the roads?

·
Registered
80 Posts
California just passed a mandate to start the transition to electric trucks and vans in 2024, with 100% of them electric by 2045.

·
Super Moderator
2,714 Posts
How huge will they be? Do you think they'll require an oversize load permit to travel on the roads?
That was my first thought too, lol

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I think a logical transition to EV vans (EVVs?) and e-Semis would be to require them for commercial delivery in certain urban areas during the hours people are out and about, such as 06:00-22:00. That would reduce the breathable pollutants when people are awake and breathing them. This would be a municipal ordinance adopted by the cities themselves, such as LA, SF, NYC, Detroit, Denver, etc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm amazed it took so long. Electric power for planned-route urban delivery and work vehicles has been pretty much a no-brainer for at least 10 years. The big 3 just fought it tooth and nail, to keep their body-on frame crap alive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That was my first thought too, lol
View attachment 136488
This thing is awesome! What kind of mileage does it get? I am guessing it would take around 2,000Wh per mile? A 1MW battery pack would get is 500 miles. I think you could get like 6,000W of solar on the roof. So, it would take like a month to charge. That would be cool. Drive 500 miles, and charge it for a month before your next destination. How awesome would that be?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts