Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Peak power or Continuous power? You probably get what you pay for.

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's NMC, which may be fine for users who avoid high temperature locations. LFP is safer. I nearly used Tesla batteries (NMC and NCA) but runaway reaction risk was too high for my taste. But LFP is heavier. That's how they've cut the weight. There's always a trade-off.

But these do look pretty sweet for low power van builds. Let us know how it goes if you get one. I'm curious if stated capacity is usable or the more common theoretical max capacity.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
So they are claiming 2 kW inverter capacity AND all of those capabilities in a package that is the size, weight and price of 1 each battle born battery?

One interesting open item is that they have not yet found a way to ship them due to the battery chemistry. This is a non trivial matter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One interesting open item is that they have not yet found a way to ship them due to the battery chemistry. This is a non trivial matter.
Not sure that is accurate - they list shipping to a large number of countries - am I misunderstanding this?
I believe you might be referring to the FAQ post where they have a specific instance where a shipping solution is currently not available

Like most starter campaigns, I expect the actual market price after the backer round will be quite a bit higher.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I believe NMC and NCA batteries may be considered extra hazardous materials that require special shipping methods. I do recall being unable to purchase a set I was considering from Europe due to such restrictions, but I'm not certain what restrictions exist across all chemistries in the USA. I know LFP is no problem to order overseas and have ground shipping.

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts