Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an engine cover on my 2019 T250 with 3.5L ecoboost. It fit pretty easy. Only minor trimming on the rear driver side was required to clear the brake booster and vacuum line. I also had to trim passenger side but only because I have an aftermarket oil separator installed and I needed to clear the hoses. I did NOT use the forward mount for the engine cover, it is very secure without it.

I did remove the fuel pump silencer by the brake booster for the cover to fit.

If you want to get the parts at a junkyard, look for a 2013 Ford F-150. You will need the cover, the rear bracket with it's three M6x1.0 bolts and the oil fill cap extension.

If you want to go brand new, Ford part numbers are as follows:

Engine cover - DL3Z-6A949-D
Rear bracket - BL3Z-6N081-B
Oil fill extension - BL3Z-6763-B
Insulator mount - AA5Z-9P686-A

Picture without cover showing rear bracket installed and the oil fill extension installed. I added spiral wrap on vacuum line near rear bracket to prevent chaffing.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Beauty. So TURD-like, yet, it is the un-TURD.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Sick, did you find your parts used or did you order new? Looks good. The oil fill extension is useful no matter what.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I could see how that could make it easier to sale if you ever wanted to sale it , clean/detail engine ,, paint the engine cover , take picture of engine bay and post with the rest of the pictures. Sold

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
THAT will keep some of the water and dirt out of the bolt wells! I might need to do this, too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought this one was cool. Think it was $300 though so a little rich for me

·
Registered
2017 Transit 250 Cargo
83 Posts
SO Sportcoupe how is that cover attached? Cannot visualize in my 2017 Cargo van 3.7...can you advise please...NICE JOB BTW !!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Kojak001

It attaches with a new hinge bracket (#5) in the rear and a new insulator mount (#3) and the new oil fill extension (#8). Part numbers are in first post. I have a 3.5L engine so this won't easily work on a 3.7L.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts