Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15-passenger, which is fairly new to me. The 2nd row of seats is easy to remove and attach... well as far as the latches and attachment to the floor, it's all straightforward. However, at the top of the seat, part of the cover around where the seatbelts come through collides with the part of the van which is between the two windows.

I have a hard time explaining the issue, but I imagine anyone with a 2018 15-passenger who has taken the seats out and put them back has encountered this. How do I get those seats in and out without scratching the side panel between the windows? I peeked behind that side panel and it doesn't look like removing it would really give me much extra clearance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It would help if you had pictures or could describe “middle row” in more detail. In a 15 passenger, there are at least 2 if not 3 middle rows.

Are you talking about a double seat on the drivers side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,714 Posts
I have two 15 passengers and I get what you are describing with the 3rd row seat. As you rotate the seat into position it will contact as you describe. I just use extra care and so far no damage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have two 15 passengers and I get what you are describing with the 3rd row seat. As you rotate the seat into position it will contact as you describe. I just use extra care and so far no damage.
Thank you for your advice. For anyone seeing this thread in the future, I'm including an image that I hope clarifies the situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts