Ford Transit USA Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too wonder about the changes in 2020 that have 205s. My 16’ drw is due for tires and discount tire here outside of Chicago told me they won’t touch it because of the welded factory wheels :confused:. Turns out Cassidy, Toyo dealer, is happy to and will sell me the new Cargo tire. I stuck with 195 but I gotta say the 205 size was temping. I’ll post the Toyo’s when they’re on next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did the 205/75/16 Celsius Cargo as the revs per mile are much closer to stock than the 195s are go figure. Also these are 32lbs same as stock. They ride great and are quiet. Speedo is off by 1 mph at 80mph and I’m fine with that, will probably correct itself as they wear. Happy camper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey y’all, this isn’t a fitment post but I had to follow up on this one. Turns out I made a mistake with those Toyo’s. They are too soft for my loaded DRW. Even with the slighter larger 205’s it was like driving on jelly doughnuts and I was all over the highway. It was bad enough that I went back to the shop and had them swapped out. I ended up with a Hankook Vantra LT, which is not the OEM tire. It is Hankook‘s 3 season tire. I also went back to the 195’s to avoid any more issues with highway stability.

Van handles great now and I posted 17mpg on the highway which is the best i’ve seen in a while. Heads up I have a tuner so I had corrected the speedo with the Toyo’s and have since reset it so the MPG shouldn’t have been affected by that aspect, pun intended 😎

Happy tire fitment!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Van handles great now and I posted 17mpg on the highway which is the best i’ve seen in a while.
Is the MPG calculated or what the screen shows?

On the side note, I thought it was my problem, but I can see that on other trucks and I HATE seeing rust coming off the tires ... it looks so cheap!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is the MPG calculated or what the screen shows?

On the side note, I thought it was my problem, but I can see that on other trucks and I HATE seeing rust coming off the tires ... it looks so cheap!
View attachment 159542
What the screen calculates. Which who knows how accurate that is. I’ve had times where the miles to empty never changes.

Word on the rust staining. I’m going to pull them two at a time and sand, prep and rattle can them. Hopefully my move back to the Willamette area in Oregon will slow the rate of corrosion. Chicago kills cars.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Unfortunately, the on-screen MPG calculator is very optimistic. The screen shows me a range of 16/17 MPG when at the gas pump the calculated MPG shows me 12ish MPG. I assume that the MPG display updates the reading when you are actually doing miles and does not count the consumption when you are stopped at the traffic light.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts