Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Ford Transit 250. The van came with one normal (non-fob) key. When I unlock either front door with the key and push the unlock button nothing happens. I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to acc. position before I can unlock the doors. Is this normal behavior for the van? I also cannot turn my headlights off. They are always on no matter what position the switch is in. I cannot seem to find the reason for that. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
1,902 Posts
My door lock button works no matter how I open the door.

Do you have DRL's? Is it just the headlights that are on, not the running lights or tail lights? It sounds like your Transit was probably a fleet van, and they often have DRL's configured on for safety.

·
Registered
376 Posts
That's weird on the unlocking. Maybe something is set wanky in the lock controls setting in the instrument cluster? Read your manual (or download it for free).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You need the key with the Fob on it so the van Bcm knows that key belongs to the van. (When the key is Not in the ignition switch)

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Not being able to unlock via the button when using a key for entry is apparently one of Ford's better ideas- both my 2015 and 2018 operate(d) that way.

Also the van does not need to know which key is used, and in fact cannot know- UNLESS you have PATS.

·
Super Moderator
2,990 Posts
Sounds like it is programmed for Daytime Running Lights, that can be turned off. If you got the van from a Ford dealer they should be willing to do that N/C. There are also some locking/unlocking parameters that can be configured as well.

You can also download free FORSCan software and buy a Ford compatible OBDII adapter and set the parameters yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts