Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Ford Transit 250. The van came with one normal (non-fob) key. When I unlock either front door with the key and push the unlock button nothing happens. I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to acc. position before I can unlock the doors. Is this normal behavior for the van? I also cannot turn my headlights off. They are always on no matter what position the switch is in. I cannot seem to find the reason for that. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
My door lock button works no matter how I open the door.

Do you have DRL's? Is it just the headlights that are on, not the running lights or tail lights? It sounds like your Transit was probably a fleet van, and they often have DRL's configured on for safety.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's weird on the unlocking. Maybe something is set wanky in the lock controls setting in the instrument cluster? Read your manual (or download it for free).

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Not being able to unlock via the button when using a key for entry is apparently one of Ford's better ideas- both my 2015 and 2018 operate(d) that way.

Also the van does not need to know which key is used, and in fact cannot know- UNLESS you have PATS.

·
Super Moderator
2,325 Posts
Sounds like it is programmed for Daytime Running Lights, that can be turned off. If you got the van from a Ford dealer they should be willing to do that N/C. There are also some locking/unlocking parameters that can be configured as well.

You can also download free FORSCan software and buy a Ford compatible OBDII adapter and set the parameters yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts