Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R2X 250 HR LWB AWD Abyss Gray
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got confirmation that my van has arrived at the dealer. I ordered it last February and have a signed document from that time with a Net Sale Price listed. I went through the Costco Auto Program and that Net Sale Price is X amount less than the invoice price. The dealer just sent me a new document now that the vehicle is available and the Net Sale Price is now a few hunded dollars higher. When I asked he said that's because the invoice amount went up since last February and I'm still getting X amount less the invoice price. He claimed the invoice amount gets adjusted quarterly, which sounds like BS to me. Anyone know if that's actually true?

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Ford changes pricing every year around March 1st but if you have a preview order and pricing along with the order being placed before March 1st your order is locked into the pricing you received. The dealer can go in and claim the original amount from Ford based on the changes. Your window sticker may have a difference in the base vehicle price versus the base price your received at order date.

·
Registered
2022 XLT Pass 148" LR, RWD, PFDI, Blue Jeans, ordered 10/19/21 local dealer, COVP email 10/19
104 Posts
So I looked into the Costco Auto program before I made my order. In addition to the fact that the dealer they assigned me took over a week to get back with me after I had to follow up a few times and the fact that I got a bigger discount with X Plan than the Costco Auto program, my other reason for not going with it is that I learned that the price is based upon the price Costco negotiates when the vehicle is delivered, not when I placed my order, and that if the dealer were to no longer participate, that there would be nothing obligating them to sell at the price at order. This was per the Costco Auto rep that I talked to back in October. Really it sounds like their program is designed for buying in stock vehicles in a pre-COVID market with packed dealer lots and hasn't really adapted to the current market of inventory shortages and factory orders.

Now, I'm not sure how that reconciles with contract law if you put down a deposit to buy X car at X price, and the dealer could always honor the Costco pricing at the time of order, but in this market, when you're ordering a van that, if you walk away from it, they could sell it for over MSRP to someone else, the cards are all in their favor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts