Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you get to talk to them? What did they say about these distortion? I just got my windows and wondering if need to return them if the distortion is bad enough.
No, never spoke with them, just went with it and at this point I'm perfectly fine with it. Seems to be the norm on these and other then that I love the windows.

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
99 Posts
I’m considering one of their horizontal sliders ... 9-3/4” high, not the taller T type window, specifically because they claim it’s contoured. My location would be behind the driver’s seat, only about 18” long but biased toward the front of the window area, so not a lot of sheet metal available to conform to a flat window. So, are they contoured or not?

·
Registered
116 Posts
My t type Motion windows (like the pics in the gold van above) behind driver seat and in sliding door are indeed countoured. It is more like a sligt bend in the middle than a continuous contour. And once installed, i notice no, 0, zip odd distortion of sheet metal around the windows. I imagine if one were to get up close and look for a bend as if trying to find one, you'd probably see a bend. I do not see anything odd when standing several feet away and casually looking at my white van. Maybe color matters....

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
99 Posts
Thanks, @RQJoe but I’m interested to know if the half-slider, not the T type, is contoured. Since it doesn’t have the horizontal divider like the T type, the glass itself would have to be curved (though I suppose it could have a crease like the back windows of a late ‘70’s Chevy). Or perhaps at only 9” tall it doesn’t matter.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts