Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan on order..........
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from my dealer that my order has changed from Unscheduled Clean to In Processing with a week of July 20 build week. Ordered St. Patrick's Day. So far a great experience from a Canadian dealer. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Must be nice. I ordered a custom 20 AWD in early Nov. I had a build date in May before all this and as of today have nothing. And yes Crew Man (Ed) has been a wealth of information and a great member of the forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must be nice. I ordered a custom 20 AWD in early Nov. I had a build date in June before all this and as of today have nothing. If I do not get a build date in the first group or two I am going to cancel my order and demand a refund of my $5000 deposit. View attachment 135242
That's a long time to wait (since Nov). I was surprised to get news so quickly. I did really ask a ton of questions to the dealers that I contacted about allocation and ended up choosing a dealer that knew about allocation and assured me that they had it for my order. I wonder if the allocation is the issue?

It does look like our vehicles are in the same status "In Processing". Where did you find that graphical site to view your vehicle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a long time to wait (since Nov). I was surprised to get news so quickly. I did really ask a ton of questions to the dealers that I contacted about allocation and ended up choosing a dealer that knew about allocation and assured me that they had it for my order. I wonder if the allocation is the issue?

It does look like our vehicles are in the same status "In Processing". Where did you find that graphical site to view your vehicle?
Once you have a VIN you can get info here

And the dealer had plenty of allocation I made sure to ask and I was the first one to order a 20 from them as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered AWD late November - still waiting for even a build week. My hangup for awhile was lack of parts for the front/rear camera. But they started appearing a few months ago.

Fortunately, Matt Ford only required a $1,000 deposit but looks like I’m going to miss any real use of it for this summer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered AWD late November - still waiting for even a build week. My hangup for awhile was lack of parts for the front/rear camera. But they started appearing a few months ago.

Fortunately, Matt Ford only required a $1,000 deposit but looks like I’m going to miss any real use of it for this summer.
I'm just happy that I'm in line for a new transit. Where I live there will be very little traveling this summer any way. Here's to getting it in time to deal with winter Tues before I need them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
August? That’s impressive.

Looks like you’ll make it a full year.

What’s your guess - was it a particular option or an allocation issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
@rocland it was most likely the announced delay on the auto sliding door and unannounced split-view camera. Of course, there's also COVID19.

I don't think allocation was an issue, the dealer said they had the most in the area and I was first on the list. It's the same dealer that handled my (now turned in) Explorer and I have no reason to suspect them being dishonest.

All signs point to it being in the same 'building batch' as @CrewVanManInfo so I'm cautiously optimistic that it's the home stretch.

August? That’s impressive.

Looks like you’ll make it a full year.

What’s your guess - was it a particular option or an allocation issue?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts