Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, having just purchased a 2018 LR 350 XLT Wagon. It has 148,000 miles, but has been well maintained and the price was right. Of course, being a 350, it rides like a truck, which I am not thrilled about. I’m an old, retired guy and will not be towing anything or hauling anything heavy, so the questions are:

1. What are the suspension differences between a 150 and a 350?

2. How feasible is it to try and convert my 350 to a 150?

3. Anyone have a guesstimate as to how much an honest, Indy shop might charge me to make the change?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Explore past forum threads, As I recall there is almost no difference between the Springs.

·
Registered
E450 Wagon
28 Posts
For your year, the only difference is the rear spring rate and recommended tire pressure. Rear spring rate: T150 = 5,070#, T350 = 5,730#.

I'd start by playing with tire pressure. You would need ForScan to adjust the TPMS warning threshold. Also, don't forget that tire tread pattern and construction can affect ride quite a bit too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm no expert but I do own a 150. Mine is a 148" MR. The ride is very plush for a big van. My van had the nice cloth seats. I've driven it 700 miles with only fuel stops and felt good at the end of that trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts