Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed an order today (Saturday) but it will not go into the factory until Monday. Does anybody see anything that I missed that I should have that I overlooked? Thanks

X2C Trans 350 MR Wagon, 148" wheelbase
UX Ingot silver
C Cloth
K Pewter
302A Pref Equip Pkg .XLT Trim
57B .Manual A/C
99M 3.7L Tivct V6
446 .6-spd Auto SST
TC8 .235/65R16 BSW
X7L 3.73 LS X7L
17K Win All 2nd Flp
20B 9000# GVWR
41C Lane Keep Alert
425 50 State Emiss
43R Rev Park Aid
52C Keyless Entr Pad
53B Trailer Tow Pkg
59B .Trailer Wir Prov
57N RR Win Defogg
584 Sync 3 w/ Nav
63C Hvy Duty Altern
63E Dual Batteries
66P PATS
68H Running Board, Front Floor Mat
86F Keys 2 Addl
90C Power Inv
92E Privacy Glass

Reactions: BeachDogs

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Brake controller! Lots of recent comments about installing one. Or is this standard in the 2016 MY when you get a HD hitch?

Will your MR Wagon come with the rear A/C on the left floor? I assume so, but the line item says 57B Manual A/C. You need the rear A/C in a Wagon IMO.

Are you sure you want the PATS security system? More complicated but many posters here have learned to deal with it. [Longboard and orton as I recall from memory]

PS -- Nice build -- very similar to my LR 130" WB which I am real happy with.
PS2 -- Edit -- Upfitter switches -- you may want them some day, good for resale IMO, and inexpensive. I forget them and added them in a week or two later without changing the build date.

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look into the A/C. What would you recommend instead of PATS?

· Registered
2,491 Posts
The Transit comes with a basic system, but I don't know the details. My key fob has a red panic button on it that sounds the horn real loud.

Also, I like to take naps on the first bench seat in my Wagon when I am on the road, and I lock the van from the inside, using the key fob Lock button. When I want to exit, I usually unlock the side (swinging) door from the inside and open it. No alarm goes off which is good. With PATS, as I understand it, you would not be able to open this door without disarming PATS first, but I am not sure.

If Longboard does not chime in here, one of us can quote him to alert him to this thread.

PS -- Edit -- also like the rubber all-weather mats I got for the front floor areas. Not sure if your line item is for these, but they are worth it IMO if you have to deal with any mud, snow, ice etc..

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Orton does not have PATS, I do. It's the perimeter alarm that drove me nuts 'til I learned how to manage it. Orton also does not have that. Two separate systems, PATS is just a chipped key starter system, perimeter alarm is a break in alarm system wired to the door locks and some windows.

Reactions: PeterR

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without PATS, is there an alarm if it is broken into? I was under the impression PATS was like a normal car alarm and without PATS there was no alarm? With the PATS system can you do the same thing but press the key fob to disable alarm before you get out? Thank you for your input. Also the air that is standard on the XLT wagon is front and rear. So yes there is a box.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
As far as I can tell without the options there is no alarm and no chipped key needed to start. The problem Orton was having early on was eventually attributed to accidentally hitting the panic button on the integrated key/fob. PATS adds the requirement for a chipped key for starting, and perimeter alarm adds just that, a perimeter alarm.

· Registered
7,224 Posts
Do not have PATS. Had two occasions when Transit had a fit and got excited with lights flashing and horn blowing. Do not know why but doubt I hit the panic button twice. No problem now after I disconnected the horn. Do not mind the lights but can not deal with the horn.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Do not have PATS. Had two occasions when Transit had a fit and got excited with lights flashing and horn blowing. Do not know why but doubt I hit the panic button twice. No problem now after I disconnected the horn. Do not mind the lights but can not deal with the horn.
But you also don't have perimeter alarm, correct?

· Registered
1,591 Posts
re: no chipped key needed to start.

I do not have any alarm systems but I asked salesman Bill if I could use a key without the fob and he told me only to open the door locks he told me the ignition needs a fob key.

Greg Hayden
Definitely not true. I have the optional PATS system and had two keys made w/o FOBs so that they are smaller to hide in a wallet or key case. They are chipped none the less, and will start the Transit. Very difficult to even find non-chipped blanks for Transit, which is how I ended up with these.

· Registered
129 Posts
How bout the Long extended Mirrors, I have them and I noticed a blank spot for lights on the Mirror plastic part of the mirror housing, my Dealer didn't tell me about options for lights on the mirror, I have even seen some around with the lights and I would have liked to have them on mine.

· Registered
60 Posts
Definitely not true. I have the optional PATS system and had two keys made w/o FOBs so that they are smaller to hide in a wallet or key case. They are chipped none the less, and will start the Transit. Very difficult to even find non-chipped blanks for Transit, which is how I ended up with these.
Where did you find the extra keys and would you mind sharing how much they charged for them?

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Reactions: AussieMom
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.