Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You can go back to some of the forum threads and look at the online window sticker for this van. It just has the 2 way manual cloth seats and not the 4 way swivel option.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I imagine trailer hitch assist uses the regular back up alert system to line you up for hooking up your trailer to the hitch.

No swivels, so I can’t comment. If I did have them on the order, I’d likely still not have the van due to delays with the push down brake.

The rear door grab bars do protrude forward slightly. I’ll get some measurements in the am

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The button is not where is expect it to be on the dash, but closer to the passenger side of the instrument panel than near the driver's area. It shows up on the corner of one of my pictures but Kurt might give you a more direct picture of that button. He found it when I got a chance to drive it down the road in front of Matt Ford. I can tell you it drove smoother than my 2017 T-250 MR RWD Transit!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kkinscherf, thanks for letting your van be the center of such attention from the waiting mob. I plan to order the same model, color, etc., with just a few changes. I have a couple of questions after looking at the photos.

Not sure what your intended use of the van is, but if someone were planning a camper build, do you think the grab handles would be in the way of wall coverings, cabinets, etc.?

Do you have the larger center console, and is that required when you order the trailer brake or some other option? My concern with the larger console would be making it more difficult for the driver (with big feet like me) to make their way to the back of the van.

Enjoy your new ride. ?

·
Super Moderator
2,555 Posts
...do you think the grab handles would be in the way of wall coverings, cabinets, etc.?
I expect that if they were in the way for something, they could be unbolted like the A pillar one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What's the ground clearance look like? Do the rear diff and shock mounts sit at the same height as the previous generation?

Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw my first Transit AWD for Christmas in my home town in Eastern Quebec (Montmagny), It was an interesting one - all windows around but nothing inside. Unfortunately I did not have much time to look at it in details.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kkinscherf, thanks for letting your van be the center of such attention from the waiting mob. I plan to order the same model, color, etc., with just a few changes. I have a couple of questions after looking at the photos.

Not sure what your intended use of the van is, but if someone were planning a camper build, do you think the grab handles would be in the way of wall coverings, cabinets, etc.?

Do you have the larger center console, and is that required when you order the trailer brake or some other option? My concern with the larger console would be making it more difficult for the driver (with big feet like me) to make their way to the back of the van.

Enjoy your new ride. ?
I do have the larger console, but it isn’t really an issue getting through the aisle at all.

as for the grab handles in the rear, I think they will impact a bed and or cabinets. They should be fairly simple to remove though with just a few bolts

·
Registered
66 Posts
What's the ground clearance look like? Do the rear diff and shock mounts sit at the same height as the previous generation?

Thanks for all the info!
shock mounts and ground clearance are officially the same as previous generations, however CMV seemed to think it appeared higher compared to a non AWD 2019 sitting right next to it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good to see that Ford finally decided that dumping the exhaust underneath the van was a bad idea and that a grab handle on the driver's side A-pillar is a good idea. ? :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
View attachment 131356
Here’s a pic to give a bit of reference for how far to the interior the grab bars protrude towards the cockpit
The placement of these will conflict with a lot of interior layouts/bed platforms.
My assumption was they would be facing each other but that would make the opening narrower.
I intend to move them to the surface facing the photo, making the door opening narrower.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I do have the larger console, but it isn’t really an issue getting through the aisle at all.

Kkinscherf,

Is your console (pics in Post # 11 ) only available with a certain package, trailer brake controller ? Like the layout of it rather than the ones in T towns post # 34.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok...just got back home and decompressing from the 1400 mile break in trip. First impression is wow...I love this “car”. Today was the first chance to test the AWD with some really awful snow conditions on I90 and I was very impressed. Stock tires and a completely empty van and things were very stable at 50-60 mph on refrozen/mixed slop on several sketchy mountain passes (Montana doesn’t really understand what plowing means)

I’ll post a more detailed write up once I unwind, but feel free to ask any questions or requests for more pics etc
OK Kkinscherf, can you give us some more info on your van? Is remote start possible by using the app if you didn’t order remote start? What things have you discovered or liked after spending some time getting to know it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK Kkinscherf, can you give us some more info on your van? Is remote start possible by using the app if you didn’t order remote start? What things have you discovered or liked after spending some time getting to know it?
Just tried the app on my 2020 that DOES NOT have remote start from the factory and it does in fact work. You can even schedule a start. In my mind that means there is no reason to order the remote start option from the factory.

As for other impressions, I'd say the rear grab bars will probably be removed to make room for a bed. Also, the stock wheel and more importantly the center caps are increasingly driving me crazy so I am really looking forward to aftermarket options or options for just a different center cap. Other than that, just been cruising around town picking up supplies for the build out. I'll be starting a build thread shortly.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts