Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was a long awaited day to finally be able to see and deliver a 2020 Transit. Luckily I was able to have a 2019 next to the 2020 model at the same time so you could see the frontal differences on each model. That is just about the only outside changes to the 2020 Transit. Most of the changes are on the inside with the complete change in the instrument panel, audio systems, and seat covers.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other than the changed front on the 2020 Transit, you have some other exterior changes on the AWD models that you can see that are different from previous year models.

The wheels on the AWD go from the 5 bolt pattern in the RWD models to a 6 bolt pattern for the AWD. Ford only offers the 6 bolt Argent painted wheels as standard equipment on the AWD with a Forged Aluminum Wheel as a optional wheel. Nothing out in the aftermarket world yet but I am sure when those guys start getting calls looking for a wheel that will fit, they will come up with something that Transit buyers will want....FOR SURE!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than the front end and the wheels from a side view, you can tell if it is a AWD model by this emblem on the rear. If you have the regular 3.5L PDFI engine, NO engine designation is with the AWD emblem. For this particular model, it has the 3.5L EcoBoost engine so BOTH emblems are on the rear door. Not sure what Ford will use once the 2.0L Diesel model is introduced but in years past it displayed the 3.2L Diesel emblem on the rear door.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Some more exterior options on this 2020 Transit include the H/D Trailer Tow package and the Reverse Sensing System ordered on this T-250 cargo van. To get the Short Arm Power/Heated/Folding mirrors like on the 2018-19 models, you now have to order the BLIS w/ Cross-Traffic Alert option.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Some views now on the interior and see all of the NEW features that this 2020 model offers. Backlighted instrument cluster for a lot better view of ALL the instruments. New Steering wheel controls for the Cruise Control on the LH portion of the steering wheel and the audio options for the Bluetooth operation through the RH portion of the wheel. For the 2020 models ALL NEW interior seat covers with this one having the Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth interior. Standard is the Dark Palazzo Gray Vinyl, Ebony Cloth with the same pattern as the Dark Palazzo Gray Cloth, and the Ebony Leather which now goes back to the solid center insert instead of the previous year Breathable Knitted center section.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cruise Control section on the steering wheel is ALL NEW! Same thing for the audio controls for the radio with the operation of the Bluetooth and channel controls.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This van was ordered with the Trailer Brake Controller so you can see how it has changed and how Ford made it a little more recessed than in the previous models.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
When you order the AWD model, it offers various mode settings based on how your terrain is when driving. You can select each one by using the 'MODE' button. As part of this setup, the TOW Mode is part of these settings and NOT a button on the shifter area as in previous models. Waiting to see what happens on the RWD models with the changed instrument cluster configuration.
MODE
' button.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two more options on this cargo van are the D-Pillar Assist Bars and the H/D Tray Style Vinyl Floor mats. The mats are placed in the van at the plant for installation at the dealership. You can order these mats separately through the Ford Parts Department and Matt Ford always keeps a few sets on hand for Transit customers.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Think that is enough viewing on Kurt's 2020 T-250 HR 148" WB (R2X) Magnetic Metallic Transit van for now. You might want to hold off on your comments until he comes on this thread and tells you about the driving experience he had going back to Montana. I am sure he got a lot of looks and comments on this van especially when he stops for fuel and a Transit owner or fan is near the Transit.

He may be getting into some ice and snow on his travels back home so he can tell you how it drives and handles in those conditions.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thank you so much for the pictures. Both the B and A pillar grab handles are welcome additions. Kind of weird the tow mode can not be used with any other traction settings.
I guess the std traction setting will have to do.
Folks should realize that is the upsized console due to getting the trailer brake controller. The standard one is smaller and makes it easier to swing your legs around between the seats to get in the back .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok...just got back home and decompressing from the 1400 mile break in trip. First impression is wow...I love this “car”. Today was the first chance to test the AWD with some really awful snow conditions on I90 and I was very impressed. Stock tires and a completely empty van and things were very stable at 50-60 mph on refrozen/mixed slop on several sketchy mountain passes (Montana doesn’t really understand what plowing means)

I’ll post a more detailed write up once I unwind, but feel free to ask any questions or requests for more pics etc

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you made it home safe and sound (but possibly tired from the long trip) and got a chance to test out the AWD system on the Transit. I am sure you can add a lot to the information I placed on the forum thread and you can show them the one button you found out when we were on the test drive. I'm sure a lot of Transit buyers will be interested in that button.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you got swivels I’d like your thoughts on them.
Can you leave the side mirrors folded or do they open automatically when you drive off?
Looks like the back door assist handles protrude forward into the van, yes?
Do you have any idea what “Trailer Hitch Assist” is? I see it in the BOB info. You have the big screen and tow package so...?
I’m sure I’ll have more Q’s later. Congrats on getting a great van and so early.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts