Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
A Transit XLT that has the Exterior Upgrade package. It looks like with that upgrade you get the chrome trim around the headlamps that is not on the other van with the fog lamp option only.

I tried to pull up a picture from the machensford.com site from a Magnetic XLT passenger van and you can see the chrome trim around the headlamps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It looks like the recessed housing for the fog lights is standard on all the bumpers regardless if you ordered the fog lights or not. So I'm wondering if it would be smart to not order the fog lights in order to get the black grill, then buy the ford lights and parts and install them later or just do some other aftermarket lights and switch. Thoughts?
No doubt there will be aftermarket kits to go in those openings in the near future too.

@CrewVanManInfo does the "white van man" want a chrome grill?

·
Registered
60 Posts
@CrewVanMan let me know what you find out on the wrong build claim...I’d really prefer the black grille that I ordered with fog lights

We will have to see if Ford will accept a 'wrong build claim' on the Transit grille. At one point Ford was making us add the Exterior Upgrade package to the Transit order if you wanted the fog lamps. That lasted for a few weeks then the order system did not make us choose the Exterior Upgrade package when the fog lamp option was added.

We should see what you get in a few days and see if filing a claim will get us the other grille.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just back from a trip out of state where I happened to see a dealer lot with maybe two dozen Transits in it. Out of the bunch about 10 where 2020s with 8 having fog lamps. All 8 with fog lamps had the chrome grill regardless of trim package or style. Interestingly, some of the base model cargo vans with fog lamps had the option listed as "no charge". All of the base models without fog lamps had all black grills.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts