Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any guidance on removing the top panel of my dashboard. It looks like it's a separate piece, that goes all the way across with holes in it for the compartments. I gave it a moderate pry at several locations and it didn't seem to want to come up.

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, not separate. Took me 8 hours to completely remove & reinstall dashboard.
Ugh, that's obnoxious. I'm thinking my next best approach will be to remove the glove box and snake it across and up from there.

Guess this will do for now to keep navigator/codriver electronics happy. :)

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

· Registered
200 Posts
I just took my van on a weekend trip in Wisconsin, realized that those cubbies get pretty hot when you have the heat/defrost on. Great for gloves and hats but no so much phones. I moved my phone to the skinny holder near the cup holders for now (I have the large console). Mounting your electronics would probably be the best for them. I am thinking of getting an ipad mount for the passenger side (I have the 11" inch screen so driver doesn't really need phone at all). Let us know what you end up getting for a mount, curious what people are using.

· Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took my van on a weekend trip in Wisconsin, realized that those cubbies get pretty hot when you have the heat/defrost on. Great for gloves and hats but no so much phones. I moved my phone to the skinny holder near the cup holders for now (I have the large console). Mounting your electronics would probably be the best for them. I am thinking of getting an ipad mount for the passenger side (I have the 11" inch screen so driver doesn't really need phone at all). Let us know what you end up getting for a mount, curious what people are using.
I've experienced the same, those compartments get really toasty. Made for easy removal and trimming of the plastic. My phone fits nicely in the cupholder on the left side of the steering wheel, but then I have nowhere to put my coffee. It's kind of funny how with all the acreage of dashboard and windshield space we have in these vans, the challenge of where to mount a phone, GPS, etc still persists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts