Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Dashboard instrument Panel off and on again.

1699 3
Hey all,

I have a 2018 Transit 250 base model, I recently finished a camper conversion, and have been having a really weird problem. After firing up my van all the instrument panels turn on fine (Gas, speedo, temp, radio, etc.), but about between twenty to fifteen minutes after driving my van, it will give me a "Transmission still in park" warning, and then all the instruments will go dark. The radio stays on just fine, along with my turn signals, and wiper blades. Both of the keyfobs have stopped working as well, and randomly the system will give me a "low tire pressure" warning along with a "tire sensor out" warning. I've been trying to check around the forms for an answer and it seems pretty sparse on what actually fixed the issue. Can anyone lend any advice or things I should try?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
(Sold) 2020 Crew Van AWD, 148WB HR, 3.5 Ecoboost
184 Posts
Any luck with this? Some members have suggested taking apart the giant ECU plug under the hood on the driver side and cleaning contacts/packing with dielectric grease.

I have a similar issue on my van with the dashboard acting up, but without the keyfob and tire pressure issues. The dealer, as expected, has been totally unwilling to diagnose the issue.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2018 Transit 250 base model, I recently finished a camper conversion, and have been having a really weird problem. After firing up my van all the instrument panels turn on fine (Gas, speedo, temp, radio, etc.), but about between twenty to fifteen minutes after driving my van, it will give me a "Transmission still in park" warning, and then all the instruments will go dark. The radio stays on just fine, along with my turn signals, and wiper blades. Both of the keyfobs have stopped working as well, and randomly the system will give me a "low tire pressure" warning along with a "tire sensor out" warning. I've been trying to check around the forms for an answer and it seems pretty sparse on what actually fixed the issue. Can anyone lend any advice or things I should try?
I have the same thing with my 2019 Transit, except for only the Instrument cluster going dead. Same Transmission in park warning. Did you figure out anything. It is NOT the cluster typically is all I know. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.