Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down by the River is very excited to be offering a Windshield curtain that is held on entirely with magnets. Velcro free!

This privacy curtain custom fits the front windshield of the Ford Transit van. It is very easy to put up

or remove. It attaches on the sides with 3 very strong magnets that are sewn into each side. These magnets are strong enough to attach through the plastic trim.

Included with the curtain are 7 steel clips ( 1/2 inch in size ) that can easily be slipped onto the edge of the headliner. The top edge of the curtain has 7 strong

magnets that will attach to these 7 clips. The fit is very snug and secure.

It is constructed of 1000 Denier Cordura and lined with Temptrol, a radiant barrier. Cordura is an extremely durable waterproof nylon fabric with a polyurethane

coating. It can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Temptrol is very thin and lightweight

breathable, puncture and tear resistant and washable. It blocks nearly all of the light and 95% of the radiant heat. And because it is breathable, it will prevent

condensation on the windows. It is paper thin so the curtains will

easily fold up for storage The Cordura available in black or grey and the Temptrol is silver.

This is an ideal year round curtain.

I will combine shipping for multiple purchases!

Please feel free to inquire about additional windows as they are available for the entire perimeter.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks pretty good. Why don't you guys build one that seals the area behind the cab. In high temps (100°+) the AC struggles to cool the entire van and I am just hauling motorcycles in the back. If we had a barrier to put up I am sure it would be ample cooling for just the cab. I'd buy one right now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It looks like it covers the windshield pretty well from the picture. How well does it do at blocking out light. I'm more thinking about urban camping. If I have lights on inside at night will the light show from the outside. I would love to find one that blocks out all light and I can have my lights on in the back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've learned over the years as both a user and admin/moderator on forums like this that if the sellers cannot reply to the questions in their own threads in a timely fashion then the business usually has shite customer service and products as well. They just throw crap at the walls and see what sticks. It's all marketing with nothing to back it up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I'm actually in the market for some of these, but if the OP can can go to the trouble of making this post, they should be able to include their price. That's an immediate turn off to doing business with them.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I've learned over the years as both a user and admin/moderator on forums like this that if the sellers cannot reply to the questions in their own threads in a timely fashion then the business usually has shite customer service and products as well.
It certainly looks good in the picture but lack of response, price, links, making the buyer google how to buy it is a big turnoff. Maybe he's starting up a business by himself? Maybe he threw that post up and then left town for Thanksgiving? (and has no cell phone) Maybe he's posting to all the Transit forums and he's forgotten he posted to this one? Curious to see how many days it'll take for him to come back. If ever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I added a couple other posts on the forum and received notifications about those, but not this one for some reason. Sorry. I have also received a few pm's, but I cannot respond to those at this point as I am too new to the forum. I am also not able to post links for the same reason. Hopefully that will become available to me soon, but I am not clear on the rules of the forum. Really very sorry about the delay. I will try to get a better handle on how to navigate this forum asap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks pretty good. Why don't you guys build one that seals the area behind the cab. In high temps (100°+) the AC struggles to cool the entire van and I am just hauling motorcycles in the back. If we had a barrier to put up I am sure it would be ample cooling for just the cab. I'd buy one right now.
We could definitely figure that out. I'll need to know which roof height you have. Also which trim and headliner. Once I figure out how to attach it, the curtain itself will be easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just found it on ebay.. search for seller downbytheriver. Looks like $129 + $12 for shipping.
Thanks for putting this on here. I am not able to post links yet. I also can't exchange private messages yet. But if you do purchase through ebay, please send me a message on there that you found me on this forum (this is the only transit forum I have tried at this point....I'm obviously doing awesome at it.) I will refund shipping costs to forum members. And I will offer direct sales through paypal via this site as soon as I am able to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered front, door and rear door screens, and hope they are all the temp control radiant barrier type. The descriptions on Ebay were varied and I'm not sure what I'm getting.

I second the request for a curtain between driver and cargo to keep the cool air/heat up front. Maybe with a magnetic split in the middle to allow passage to the rear?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts