Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like some of the currently delivered Transits are missing the optional PowerPoint 12V socket located on the RH rear support post. If you open the RH door and look at the support, you will see a round hole with a line slot. This is where the 12V socket should be located if you ordered the 87A PowerPoint 12V option.

We just delivered one and have 2 still at the dealership missing this selected option. I will work on getting a part number for the socket and try to get the wiring colors that should be connected to it so you can locate them in the wiring harness in that area.

If other forum members have this option on their Transit can add a picture on this thread, it would help others who have ordered this option to see if it is on their vehicle.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The part number for the PowerPoint for the rear portion of the Transit is CV6Z 19N236-A Trying to get the Wiring Diagrams book to look up the wiring color codes to plug it in. Usually the ground wire is BLACK and the power wire is a heavier gauge ORANGE wire. Want to be sure what they did for the Transit.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have a 2 slotted plug that is taped to the main wiring harness and this may be the plug for the socket. Will see what the socket plug looks like so to be sure that is the correct connection for it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ford communicated to us today that we can claim a 'misbuild' on the ones missing the Rear 12V Power Point. We have the part number for the socket but on the one van we have on the lot the correct wires are not there to connect to the Powerpoint once it is in place.

Place your 8 digit VIN here if you are missing this part on your Transit and it was ordered with that option.

LKA52539 - in stock at Matt Ford
LKA09001 - just left the dealership

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Any Transit owners who place their VIN here will have that information sent to my contacts at Ford so we can get a answer to what they will do about getting the 12V Power Point added to their Transit. The dealer can send a 'misbuild' to Ford on the vehicle but we have to have information for the parts requirement and how it would be installed by the dealer. If the wiring is there (and the indications I have from the one van at Matt Ford does not have the wiring in place) then it could be just adding the socket to the hole in the frame and plugging the wiring in the rear of the socket. Missing the wiring harness may make this a complicated process to get it done as the wiring harness not having the 2 wires needed for the 12V Power Point to work is needed and Ford may have to replace the complete wiring harness unless they end up making a separate wiring harness from the originating point for the power/ground point to the socket is done. That would become a time consuming situation and with the option being a $15 MSRP one, not sure how much time and money Ford would place on making this option ordered on the vehicle NOW fixed in the proper mounting position.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
While at Matt Ford, I looked at the Green Gem R3U van we had with this option and the hole is there for the socket but could not locate the 2 wires to plug into it. By using the 2019 Ford Transit Wiring Diagrams manual we have at the dealership, it shows the 2 wires to be a Black/Blue tracer and a Green/Blue tracer as the 2 wires needed to be in that area to plug into the socket.

If other forum members have a earlier model Transit have this option, they may chime in with popping off the rectangular cover in the area where the wiring is located and show us the wiring that is plugged into the socket. I will have access to one that has this option on it next week and I will get a picture of it just in case a picture does not become available through another forum member.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The part number for the PowerPoint for the rear portion of the Transit is CV6Z 19N236-A Trying to get the Wiring Diagrams book to look up the wiring color codes to plug it in. Usually the ground wire is BLACK and the power wire is a heavier gauge ORANGE wire. Want to be sure what they did for the Transit.
Here is the PowerPoint socket and insert with cover. This will be the part to go into the opening in the D-Pillar support.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the area where the PowerPoint should be located. We are still in the process of locating the correct wiring that should be in the area to plug into the socket.

I have located one that is already installed on a earlier model and will have pictures coming so we can see how it is installed and where the wiring is located.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for looking into this, same as mine a blank cover with similar looking wiring behind it like your photos

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Is that socket normally powered all of the time, or just with the ignition on? Is that a 20 amp setup?
Not sure about the 2020, but for previous model years, each 12v socket has been powered through the timed accessory circuit and protected by its own 20a fuse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts