Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is cruise control standard? I only see the option for adaptive cruise control and I don't think we want/need that (although I know most people love it), but we do want just the regular old cruise control.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see now that cruise control is in the audio options. From what I can see, I need to get 58E to get cruise control, which is $850. It is $485 to get adaptive cruise control. So it would be cheaper for us to get adaptive. Is this correct? These options are all just so confusing to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see it! I've looked through this guide so many times, I'm not sure how I missed it. Page 15, 60C is cruise control. It is standard.

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
I see now that cruise control is in the audio options. From what I can see, I need to get 58E to get cruise control, which is $850. It is $485 to get adaptive cruise control. So it would be cheaper for us to get adaptive. Is this correct? These options are all just so confusing to me.
There are a couple of different Cruise options. page 15 60c. which is kind of the basic cruise but feature rich. Adaptive cruise needs a screen and lots of sensors from other options so it is part of 58F page20. If you want the big screen but want 60c order 58B ( standard on your build) or 58E (keeps standard cruise adds nav).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a couple of different Cruise options. page 15 60c. which is kind of the basic cruise but feature rich. Adaptive cruise needs a screen and lots of sensors from other options so it is part of 58F page20. If you want the big screen but want 60c order 58B ( standard on your build) or 58E (keeps standard cruise adds nav).
Thanks! We don't want Sirius or navigation, so we want to just do the standard 58B. I'm glad to know we don't have to pay for an expensive audio package just to get standard cruise control.

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
Thanks! We don't want Sirius or navigation, so we want to just do the standard 58B. I'm glad to know we don't have to pay for an expensive audio package just to get standard cruise control.
Everyone is here to help. Good luck.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I see it! I've looked through this guide so many times, I'm not sure how I missed it. Page 15, 60C is cruise control. It is standard.
Cruise has never been standard before so don't assume it is in 2022. I’d look into it deeper.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
1,690 Posts
If there's a way to get adaptive without the other options you want, might be worth considering. Pretty sure it doesn't require the stereo unit - all the controls are in the dash. It sure is nice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If there's a way to get adaptive without the other options you want, might be worth considering. Pretty sure it doesn't require the stereo unit - all the controls are in the dash. It sure is nice.
We don't use cruise control much, so we are ok with just the regular. It does look like you need the upgraded audio system to use adaptive so it would end up being a pretty expensive add for something we would rarely use.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
1,690 Posts
I sure can't see it being worth $1500 or whatever. But $500... yeah... I'd pay that. 😁
I don't think I'd use regular cruise control much at this point. Adaptive, constantly.

Again, there is no information and other portion of the adaptive that goes through the audio system. It's all in the little LCD display between the gauges. But there were things that did and didn't go through when we did our order, so... maybe CVM can step in and clarify.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control. Includes Adjustable Speed Limiting Device (ASLD) and Intersection Assist. Not available with audio packages 58E and 58F. Note: Adaptive cruise control keeps a constant speed without having to work the brake or accelerator pedals. Plus it automatically maintains a driver-inputted preset distance (or gap) from vehicles ahead.

I pasted the above from order guide.
I got adaptive cruise control on my order build sheet, option 60D, you don’t need any audio
package to get this option.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control. Includes Adjustable Speed Limiting Device (ASLD) and Intersection Assist. Not available with audio packages 58E and 58F. Note: Adaptive cruise control keeps a constant speed without having to work the brake or accelerator pedals. Plus it automatically maintains a driver-inputted preset distance (or gap) from vehicles ahead.

Adaptive sounded so promising (the past few years). But, what I want from "adaptive" is more of a smarter gas saving mode: allow the vehicle to coast down hill at X amount above the set speed -- that is, stop wasting energy and momentum so maintain the set speed.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Adaptive sounded so promising (the past few years). But, what I want from "adaptive" is more of a smarter gas saving mode: allow the vehicle to coast down hill at X amount above the set speed -- that is, stop wasting energy and momentum so maintain the set speed.
+100
Been hoping for something like this for ages. Adjustable float range (like a good thermostat) to reduce downshifts going up (and sometimes down) the hills. I've driven I80 from NJ to Toledo so many times in the same vehicle that I know when to proactively bump the cruise down or up.
Sure would be nice for the vehicle to do it. Of course the fuel savings is not much. I mostly do it to stay engaged. Recently made the trip in my MT car. Sure is nice to set the cruise with car in 6th gear, never to shift. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
414 Posts
Maybe the new "Intelligent Speed Assist" (available on the higher end radios?) will do that in coordination with all of the cruise control options. It's main function is to not let you go above the speed limit (through traffic sign recognition), but I saw in the videos there is a "Tolerance" setting that lets you set a higher limit. Perhaps if you start coasting down a long grade at a cruise set 65mph it'll let you freewheel up to 75mph without getting in the way (and then the video I saw said they cut fuel to decelerate rather than apply the brakes). I've just learned to disable the cruise control when going downhill on my 2020 ... none of our other (Japanese) cars try to slow you down when cruise is activated, and Ford's current implementation seems very wonky.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My '07 Odyssey will downshift ... very rude.
I confirmed our 2016 Odyssey does not downshift. 6%'ish hill, turned cruise on at 25mph at top, foot off gas, and we were doing 55mph at the bottom with it up shifting along the way. We had a 2006 EX-L w/ NAV+DVD before that, and I thought it behaved the same way but maybe not.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I confirmed our 2016 Odyssey does not downshift. 6%'ish hill, turned cruise on at 25mph at top, foot off gas, and we were doing 55mph at the bottom with it up shifting along the way. We had a 2006 EX-L w/ NAV+DVD before that, and I thought it behaved the same way but maybe not.
My '07 is an LX. Maybe Honda figures spendthrifts are boring so they don't want to let them go fast down hills.

On another topic, I drove the Mt Mansfield (VT) toll road yesterday in our Odyssey. 1st gear on 17% grade was not sufficient to keep speed in check at @ 15 mph. Asked if the Transit would be allowed. They said it would be allowed as long as it was not a dually.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There's three different cruise control options on the van.

One is standard cruise, which works like every old cruise control system and maintains a pre-set speed.

Then you can get "Adaptive Cruise", which is the radar-guided cruise that locks onto the car in front of you and will maintain a pre-set distance. However, it only works down to ~35mph. If the car in front of you slows more than that, the cruise will disengage.

Then at the upper end you get "Intelligent Adaptive Cruise", which requires the full fancy stereo (Audio Option 58F I think). This is the one you want; it will work all the way down to a complete stop and will continue work even in stop-and-go, bumper to bumper traffic. Never need to touch the gas or break in heavy traffic, the van does it all by itself.

It will also read speed limit signs and automatically slow the van to the posted speed limit if you have it configured to do so. Those of you who are thinking "Why would anyone ever need that?" have clearly never got busted for speeding in a po-dunk nowhere town where the speed limit abruptly drops from 55mph to 35mph for no other reason than revenue generation for the local municipality.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts