Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I added an aftermarket unit to my 2016. It is very basic, but has worked just fine on two multi-state roadtrips. Cost was about $300 from Amazon and took me a couple of hours to install it. Difficulty level similar to a car stereo.

The specific unit I used: "Rostra 250-9636 Cruise Control Kit For Full Size Ford Transit"

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ford will only allow the cruise control feature added if you already have the instrumentation cluster that supports it.
If you have the standard steering wheel without the SYNC or other control buttons your out of luck.

I upgraded to the Rostra cruise control and have no issues with it.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I did what the other guys did, $300 aftermarket cruise. Works great, except on hills for reasons mentioned. Going from 5th to 2nd gear in one shot is unnerving.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Rostra is about the best aftermarket cruise control companies out there.
You can go jumping from 5th gear to 2nd gear in one shot with the stock cruise control. Also unnerving.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
If the OEM cruise is the adaptive cruise, it's well worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Ford will only allow the cruise control feature added if you already have the instrumentation cluster that supports it.
If you have the standard steering wheel without the SYNC or other control buttons your out of luck.

I upgraded to the Rostra cruise control and have no issues with it.
That is interesting. I have the Ford OEM cruise control with standard steering wheel and do not have a Sync radio on a 2015.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
That is interesting. I have the Ford OEM cruise control with standard steering wheel and do not have a Sync radio on a 2015.
Cruise control on my 2015 was an option that only forced the dash display upgrade to at minimum the mid level info center. No mention of sync being required, at least not when I bought mine. Do you have the steering wheel buttons to operate the cruise control?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Cruise control on my 2015 was an option that only forced the dash display upgrade to at minimum the mid level info center. No mention of sync being required, at least not when I bought mine. Do you have the steering wheel buttons to operate the cruise control?
Yes. not on the steering wheel arms but a separate module on left side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts